Taking two cats to the vet at the same time

Frank123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my cats is due for her annual wellness exam this month. The other cat was due for his exam this summer but I've been putting it off. It looks like the best thing to do is to take them both at once to the same appointment. In your experiences have you found that most vets and animal clinics are open to this? I do plan on contacting my cats' vet to see if this is doable, but was just curious how common this is. Has anyone ever been told the couldn't bring both cats at once?
Thank you.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’ve been taking three cats at a time to the vet for years—five different clinics in four different states! I’ve never had any problems with the vets refusing or even questioning it. When you call for the appointment, I’m sure the person making the appointment will let you know if it’s a problem but I can’t imagine it would be.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I take both of mine at the same time for their annual vaccination and there's even a small reduction in the cost because they are seen together.

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I take all three of my cats at the same time. No one has expressed any problem with it. The veterinarian will just schedule three time slots in a row so it really isn’t a problem for them. Our veterinarian will remove one cat at a time from their carrier and do everything that needs doing and put them back in their carrier before moving on to the next cat. That way all three cats aren’t climbing the room at the same time.