Taking ir leaving my cat while on work trip

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello Guys,
I really need your opinion. Am going for a work trip for a month (national not international) and I wanna take Versace with me but, I don't wanna stress him cuz I'll be heading to 2 different cities. Also, I don't wanna leave him. He's so clingy and very attached to me. Well, we're both attached haha. I can leave him with my family. He feels safe and comfortable with them.
What do you think is the best thing to do?
I'll be able to video call him multiple times a day too.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Please leave him with your family. Travel is really difficult for cats and he is better off staying home with people he knows and a quieter environment. Maybe you can have your parents video him for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Won't he get depressed if I go away for a month

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
No. Of course he will miss you but as long as he is in a safe environment with people he knows he will feel much much better than taking scary rides and being in several totally new places.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Leave worn, unwashed clothing behind for your family to place in areas where he will be spending time. If need be, put some in a zip lock baggie in case the scent wears off the initial set of clothing before you return. You already know to have all of his 'accessories' in his temporary home - food/water dishes, litterboxes, toys, bedding, towels/blankets, etc.