Taking An 8 Week Old Kitten To A New Home?

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Is Orijen a brand or ingredient? I just looked on my bag says nothing about it.
Brand of food. I use Fancy Feast pate as our regular wet. It's decent and readily available. I've went through all the canned foods that were 1-3 dollars per can and this is the food my cats will consistently eat. I try to stick to the chicken and turkey versions. FF also makes a canned kitten food in Turkey and Fish. I feed as little fish as possible although a few cans are in the rotation. BTW good luck with your new baby.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Brand of food. I use Fancy Feast pate as our regular wet. It's decent and readily available. I've went through all the canned foods that were 1-3 dollars per can and this is the food my cats will consistently eat. I try to stick to the chicken and turkey versions. FF also makes a canned kitten food in Turkey and Fish. I feed as little fish as possible although a few cans are in the rotation. BTW good luck with your new baby.
I stay away from fancy feast because it has mistery meat in it. Also made my cats vilontly ill. Especially the kitten one.

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I stay away from fancy feast because it has mistery meat in it. Also made my cats vilontly ill. Especially the kitten one.
obviously my new babies are eating yet, but mama is and I would think if they were going to get sick wouldn't it come through her milk? I only ask because I don't know. If they start out eating it and get sick or lose weight, that will change immediately. So far so good and she loves it.

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
obviously my new babies are eating yet, but mama is and I would think if they were going to get sick wouldn't it come through her milk? I only ask because I don't know. If they start out eating it and get sick or lose weight, that will change immediately. So far so good and she loves it.
The Purina One I mean. Dry.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never once had an issue with FF. Mook will happily eat and then vomit any wet cat food with a high liver content. I would happily feed a higher quality food if they would consume it. There are a lot of local rescues that have benefited from my attempts to up their food quality. I have one that will NOT eat wet food at all. Food has to be affordable and maybe more important locally available. I simply do not feed any food I cannot pick off the shelf examine the package or inspect the cans.

akaLuann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've never once had an issue with FF. Mook will happily eat and then vomit any wet cat food with a high liver content. I would happily feed a higher quality food if they would consume it. There are a lot of local rescues that have benefited from my attempts to up their food quality. I have one that will NOT eat wet food at all. Food has to be affordable and maybe more important locally available. I simply do not feed any food I cannot pick off the shelf examine the package or inspect the cans.
Good practice.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to find one which suits your cat . If you search hard enough on the net you will find cons about all brands. I spent weeks trying to find a diet for gracie (she was sick quite a few times) . Now I know she can't eat jelly or gravy in her cat food and only has royal canin gastro intensal. When I cook a chicken dish she has boiled chicken and when I cook mince I again separate her some so she has hers plain. This diet may not suit a lot of cats however she's good with no sickness And her vet agrees !

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds like what Hector used to eat before she developed alergys to it it was royal canin hypo duck and pea. She developed alergys to the hypoallergenic food go figure. The vet put her on primal pheasant after that and she was fine with a puck of that a day.