Taking A Step Backward

tmwick10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As many know already my boy Bradley had a blockage and kidney stone. He has pretty much recovered. But, we now have taken a step backwards. He urinated in my daughters bed. He is eating, drinking, and playing as normal. No straining to use the litter box as he was before. The baby is 5 months old. Not sure if this is now a behavior thing or if he is having left over bladder issues. He has a follow up appointment on Friday.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad he has the follow up, make sure there are no more health issues. have you tried switching to a different litter. It may be that he associates the litter with pain? a new box, new litter, that might help? I dont use clay litter, i use either a grass litter, and litter maid walnut litter. However Dr. Elseys has a cat attract litter that is suppose to be good to get cats back in the box?
Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Attract Cat Litter

Also i recently used a coconut litter, that omg, my cats were nuts over. that was the only box they would use while i was testing it.
CatSpot Litter | Organic Cat Litter Delivery Service

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure from your post if your daughter is the 5 month old baby or you meant Bradley. But if it's your baby daughter which I'm guessing it is I would close off access to her room and see if it improves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tmwick10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well so far today no problems. We closed access to baby room. I called his vet and they would like to see him today vs Friday for a follow up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tmwick10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just an update. Bradley went back to a vet. Has a bladder infection but according to the vet is doing great. The peeing in baby bed is behavioral at this point.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully once the bladder infection is cleared up the inappropriate peeing will go away as well! This is very common for cats with urinary issues! Good luck, and keep us updated on his progress!