Tail position?

sabbi696

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been trying to research it online and haven't really found this tail position. But does anyone know what it means? my cat walks around like this 98% of the time. 

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I've been trying to research it online and haven't really found this tail position. But does anyone know what it means? my cat walks around like this 98% of the time.
I've seen this in exactly one cat, he was super happy and when his tail went up....well it just kept on going.  I'm not sure it means anything except he's super flexible, and his tail would probably be straight up if it wasn't this flexible indicating that he's happy, as up tails mean.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was thinking super happy too, but I have to admit I've never seen such an unusual tail position :)

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with StephenQ,I think it is an "UP" (happy) position too. I would bet there is special gene involved there, I wonder if any parents or siblings have this too, or any offspring of your cat? Whatever it is, it is SPECIAL!

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I said i've only seen this once it was a couple of months ago after almost 14 years working with rescued cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabbi696

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think it is special considering I can't find it online..and if she has her tail down..if I talk to her it automatically goes up to this position..so i'm guessing it's something good and happy related.