Tail curled upwards all the time?

pepsiandmax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey

So I'm not haveing any issues, just simply a bit curious. 

I have two cats, two brothers, and one of them, my cream coloured one, always keeps his tail upward in a circular way; forming a half circle.

I know that "frisky cats" have the tail upward, but he does it all the time when walking. Not just when in a playfull mood. 

Is he just happy? Or is this a certain breed trait?

They are both mixed cats, and I do not know what ancestrory they might have had, they do not look like they have the same father, but are both big cats.

Max, the caty in question, looks a bit like Ragdoll/British longhaired; with strong/large paws, strong rounded head. But at the same time he is also slithgly short (could be the fur that is tricking me), but sometimes get a slight munckin feeling (not that short though), but I want to say slightly below avarage, and his tail (which I measured because his brother have a much much longer one), is also slighty shorter than avarage. 

So, back to my question, is tail upwards in a circular fasion a breed trait he might have inherited? Is that a thing? Or simply just very happy all the time? :) Or something else?

As I said, not having any problems, he is a very normal cat, doing cat tings, playing, sleeping like a normal cat. Simply me that is very curious. 

Found one photo, usually pictures are taken of the head part of the cat, but found one.

And just as a note incase people comment: yes he is neutered, and have as a result gotten a weight problem, he is on special diet, and slowly making progress, but it will take time. Just hoping to ward of any angry or mean comments.

Thanks for any input on the tail situation, I really do love it the way it is, really cute, but it does make me wonder why :)

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tail up means contented and happy.He is at ease.  I would be much more concerned if he always had his tail down. They are both absolutely beautiful, I have a red boy that could fit right in there!  I would much rather see a cat like yours with the 'tummy'' then the poor things I see around here with their bones sticking out. I have two right now that could beat him, I even wormed them in case it was that.  Don't worry about it, The older a cat gets they have these 'cycles' of gaining weight and losing it. I would rather they have a little 'reserve' as they get to be seniors because the weight loss can be worrisome then.You can tell yours are well cared for and happy, your house is so clean and neat too, I love that cat door!  Once again, they are beautiful!

Last edited:

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's absolutely adorable. Love it. I agree that he's probably just a very happy kitty with a positive outlook on life! Haha. He just knows how fabulous and beautiful he is