"Taco" nickname is TANK...

Doug&Taco

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure if he's pure Maine coon but have a kitten from a feral batch of kittens, he has beautiful markings and @8 months old he is about 13 lbs. ( I will weigh for sure tomorrow) he is twice the size of my other female cat "Nala" and she was born June 2nd 2021 she will be 2 June 2nd of this year.just trying to get more information since Maine coons REQUIREa different way of raising. Pictures... I can send more if need be. Taco is the dark colored on, Nala is the lighter gray colored he has tufts on his ears.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless he has papers, the question is moot anyway, he will be known as a DSH, domestic short hair tabby with white . His coat has the classic tabby pattern, very nice! If you are thinking Maine Coon because of his size, that would be all the traits he would have, his bone structure is not big enough, his muzzle the wrong shape, his coat is not near long enough. He may have some kind of larger breed in his background. He is a beautiful cat!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if he's pure Maine coon but have a kitten from a feral batch of kittens, he has beautiful markings and @8 months old he is about 13 lbs. ( I will weigh for sure tomorrow) he is twice the size of my other female cat "Nala" and she was born June 2nd 2021 she will be 2 June 2nd of this year.just trying to get more information since Maine coons REQUIREa different way of raising. Pictures... I can send more if need be. Taco is the dark colored on, Nala is the lighter gray colored he has tufts on his ears.
The other posters are correct. And Maineys don't require a different way of raising at all--just with lots of LOVE and best care, as for any and all cat(s). Taco and Nala are gorgeous!

r-kins

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He doesn't look Maine Coon, but he's beautiful!!

Question for the experts here: Someone told me that the extra skin that hangs down on a cat's torso is characteristic of a Maine Coon. Is that true? And is it exclusive? I've had cats with that before, but they never looked at all like they were part Maine Coon.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He doesn't look Maine Coon, but he's beautiful!!

Question for the experts here: Someone told me that the extra skin that hangs down on a cat's torso is characteristic of a Maine Coon. Is that true? And is it exclusive? I've had cats with that before, but they never looked at all like they were part Maine Coon.
All cats have that. It's called a primordial pouch and helps protect a cat if they get into a fight where the other cat is going for the stomach. It's just bigger in some cats than others and has nothing to do with breed.

r-kins

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All cats have that. It's called a primordial pouch and helps protect a cat if they get into a fight where the other cat is going for the stomach. It's just bigger in some cats than others and has nothing to do with breed.
Thanks! I've had a couple with very prominent ones. We always called them "the ultimate predators" since they were built for fighting. (And of course, were spoiled house cats that never fought.)