Tabby x Bengal ??

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Ive recently (2 weeks ago) adopted two kittens, one of them was said to be a tabby but as the time passed I started to notice similarities to bengals, I've been reading a lot and im still unsure about her breed.. could it be a cross?? Shes very playful, energetic but also sleeps a lot, very affectionate and strong... She gets jealous when i pet my other cat tho ^^"

I dunno if it helps but the other day an injured bird landed on my window/door and i went out to check and she was trying to get out to catch the bird... Shes very curious as well
IMG_20220802_180016.jpg
IMG_20220725_191525.jpg
IMG_20220725_143914.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-24-16-14-20-330.jpg
adoption picture ^
IMG_20220721_100122.jpg

Her and my other cat. She loves to be anywhere near her, shes always following her and its quite overprotective over her.... Although she starts some fights because she wants to play but my other cat doesn't ^^"
Any help is appreciated

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, looks like a dsh to me. Breeds don't really have set personalities, they can be different depending on the individual cat. Sounds like a typical young kitten to me. Be sure to play with her lots so she's not pestering your one cat :) very pretty girl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nope, looks like a dsh to me. Breeds don't really have set personalities, they can be different depending on the individual cat. Sounds like a typical young kitten to me. Be sure to play with her lots so she's not pestering your one cat :) very pretty girl
Okay thanks!! I was genuinely confused because she was confirmed as soon as she got home while the other kitten took over a week to leave her hiding stop and yes!! I play a lot with her and give her lots of affection and attention but she gets jealous as soon as my hand goes over the black cat ^^"

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Tabby is a pattern, not a breed. Your little one is a Domestic Shorthair (DSH) with a mackerel tabby pattern. Bengals also have tabby patterns, but not the mackerel stripes. They will be either spotted tabbies or marbled tabbies.

Energetic sounds like a normal kitten. Whatever she is, she's a cutie.
What is her name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Clro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tabby is a pattern, not a breed. Your little one is a Domestic Shorthair (DSH) with a mackerel tabby pattern. Bengals also have tabby patterns, but not the mackerel stripes. They will be either spotted tabbies or marbled tabbies.

Energetic sounds like a normal kitten. Whatever she is, she's a cutie.
What is her name?
Yes, i know that tabby is just a patter but as im unsure of her breed i just said tabby. Btw irl she actually has stripes and dots all over the body, stripes are more dominant over the head and paws, and the dots are on her back/tummy but also has stripes there. I was wondering so because ive seen pictures of (according to google, so it might be wrong lol) said bengals annd i have another cat whos fur feels very different, ive had an european shorthair but sadly he passed away a month ago and i can say his fur felt the same as my current black cat, yet so different from her fur, her fur feels very soft and tidy while my dsh's fur was a mess ngl
610850dbd28f3cfea67e7d6350a8a0c1.jpg

1b92e2949becda1f180d46fc4b546690.jpg

Amd yes shes indeed hyperactive and shes adorable, her name is Cleo because her face marking remind me of Cleopatra ^^
I just want to know her breed because im a curious person and my vet refuses to do any blood tests ops, either way shes loved, shes a cutie

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Spotted bellies is a normal part of tabby pattern. Keep in mind only a tiny percentage of cats overall are purebred, most are domestics with no breed ancestry whatsoever. On google you'll find all sorts of tabby cats listed as Bengal or Bengal mixes, just like you'll find colorpoint domestics called Siamese or black domestics called Bombays, people don't understand that appearance doesn't equal breed.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Ive recently (2 weeks ago) adopted two kittens, one of them was said to be a tabby but as the time passed I started to notice similarities to bengals, I've been reading a lot and im still unsure about her breed.. could it be a cross?? Shes very playful, energetic but also sleeps a lot, very affectionate and strong... She gets jealous when i pet my other cat tho ^^"

I dunno if it helps but the other day an injured bird landed on my window/door and i went out to check and she was trying to get out to catch the bird... Shes very curious as well
View attachment 428219View attachment 428220View attachment 428221View attachment 428222 adoption picture ^View attachment 428223
Her and my other cat. She loves to be anywhere near her, shes always following her and its quite overprotective over her.... Although she starts some fights because she wants to play but my other cat doesn't ^^"
Any help is appreciated
Gorgeous girl😻 She looks like she could be a blue silver tabby in some of the pics. Her face is beautiful… she looks a bit oriental. She has quite a lot spots so I would say broken mackerel. I notice there are a lot of tabbies posted here that have lots of spots and also have stripes- people say that’s typical but my tabby cats who were mackerel tabbies, which means they mostly have stripes, didn’t have any spots. So to me it seems more unusual for a dsh ( domestic shorthair)which is what I think she is. 😀 She could have some bengal in her there is no way to know for sure.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You have no way of officially knowing what she is because you don’t know the parents or grand parents etc. She does look very special like an Egyptian Mow (sp) or maybe Bengal. Where I live, an un neutered Savannah cat escaped and roamed for a month before caught. So I bet there are some Savannah crosses running around now. She could easily have multiple breeds in her. Unless you want to show and breed, and there are to many kittens already, I think you can enjoy your little hyper kitten and have fun! She does look spotted, and you don’t see to many spotted kittens. No matter what, she looks beautiful and unique.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Broken Mackeral tabbies can have spots mixed in, it's pretty common actually. We have multiple kittens in the rescue I volunteer who are like that including this boy who as you can see has lots of spots too. She is a stunning brown tabby and looks to be quite the sweetheart <3

ran.jpg