tabby or more?

missglass

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I adopted the second to lsst kitten from a friends friend... The mother was bought but by his gf and they split so i never got any info on heritage.
Shes around 5 months. Amazing kitten... Very vocal with a lot of noises ive never heard (i grew up w calicos and my mom breed them) shes so smart its almost unbelivable. She has a way of stalking things with her upper body thats different then ive seen and loves water. But her coloring is beautiful but im curious .. Tabby or more?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
She is a cutie :rbheart:

She is a brown classic tabby domestic shorthair. She has a beautiful clear and defined tabby pattern that really stands out and she is very beautiful :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missglass

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any opinions on coloring? I'm getting mixed answers for type of tabby even mentions of bengal in her

missglass

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's so different ... Every pic I take her coloring and markings change .. Crazy

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can see where the "Bengal" idea came from; her classic tabby pattern has an almost marbled look, and Bengals often have that. Practically any breed that allows for tabby can be classic tabby, though, so that doesn't really tell you much. She's very pretty.

missglass

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is so confusing lol..
Hopefully the vet can give a lil more info in a few weeks.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
This is so confusing lol..
Hopefully the vet can give a lil more info in a few weeks.
Agreed it can be confusing :confused: Sometimes you get these beautiful marked or unusual coloured domestic cats and you think they must be a pedigree breed.
But the thing to remember is pedigree breeds came from domestic cats not the other way around. So when domestics randomly breed with other domestics sometimes these kittens crop up that resemble pedigree breeds - look a likes.

Your girl is has a classic tabby or blotched tabby pattern which is very clear and well defined - a lot of cats their pattern whether it's mackerel or classic can be defused not as clear. A good example of this is the broken mackerel tabby pattern - this is basically a mackerel pattern that's broken up and defused not as clear as it should be.

Your girls colour is brown - now I know she has a silver/grey tone to her but this is because your girl has a colder shade of brown colour rather than a warm shade of brown that is almost red. The brown gene colour can be any shade from grey / silver (colder) to red ( warmer )

I don't think your vet will be of much help unless they are a cat breeder or involved in the cat show world. Unfortunately vets are not taught anything about breeds or patterns of animals only about animal anatomy. I've known quite a few vets not even able to identify a Siamese and wrongly believe that all colour point patterned cats are Siamese :D

missglass

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just tried taking a few pics of her.
Silly girl gave me a smirk then look at her smile in the second photo lol

Last edited by a moderator: