Tabby coat changes

Ghosted

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm just curious here my tabby is definitely getting some of his long fluff develop this last week but I'm also noticing the dark stripes are actually thinning out and the grayish white is becoming much more prevalent. All of his brown has turned to just the face and a teeny bit on the paws. Do you think grey is going to become his dominant body color? Or will the color change again when he gets his adult coat?

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guess is that his coat pattern is just clearing up, and that he is closer to his adult color now. I would describe his color as brown mackerel tabby and white. Some brown tabbies have a warm rich brown color between the black stripes, and others have a light grayish tan color.

He doesn't appear to be a silver tabby to me, but it is possible... What color is his coat at the root? A silver tabby would have a wide band of white at the base of each hair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ghosted

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't ever seen a silver tabby with a dark brown nose. But I've also never seen a brown with so much white and grey so I could see him being just a very grey brown tabby. I wasnt sure how to get the shots of the hair so i went into his sides where his stripes are and did my best but he also wouldn't hold still haha.

Is half and half a thing?

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brown tabbies can be fairly grayish. Wait and see how the coat develops, as it still looks quite fuzzy in texture. His adult coat will have more guard hairs (long, straight and shiny) and it will be easier to see the color.