tabby bengal mix?? <3

dc0485

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I got this cute lil 4 month old tabby who’s incredibly active. Head is a bit small in proportion to her long and skinny body. Long tail with black spots on her belly and few marbling on her back. The adoptee told us her dad was an F4 bengal, is that possible? Let me know what y’all think! 4B7A0A87-2737-4904-B902-598650ECD944.png 40677145-673B-4534-8B41-9E0BB4A222D6.jpeg

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitty is adorable :)

From the pictures, I would describe her as a brown classic tabby domestic shorthair. Spots on the belly are a normal part of the classic tabby pattern, and the pattern on her sides looks like a typical classic tabby "bullseye" rather than Bengal-style marbling. So, I'm not seeing obvious evidence of Bengal ancestry in these pictures... although it is possible that her dad could be a Bengal and it wouldn't be obvious just by looking at her.

If you are curious about her dad, you could ask about his registration and ask for pictures of him. If the person you got her from knows enough about the dad's ancestry to know that he's in fact an F4 Bengal, they should have registration and a pedigree. I believe that F4 males are not always fertile, so it's also possible that they could have an F4 male that they believe to be the dad, but their F4 male could be infertile and the dad might be some other neighborhood cat. In any case, it's probably worth asking for more information.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dc0485

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks a lot!

I’ll try to double check with the adoptee but regardless of her breed I think she has a bit of a wild side to her. Most likely just her personality!

What i am curious about is her body proportions! Being a younger cat, I have been expecting her to grow bigger overall, however the only noticeable growth is within her legs and the length of her body. looks kind of funny for a domestic shorthair :))) is this normal??

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is just four months old, she still has a lot of growing to do. Just like any adolescent, she will go through different stages of development, and she may look oddly proportioned at times. I'm sure you have seen gangly human teenagers that have awkward proportions, too! It's hard to know exactly how she will look as an adult, until she gets there.

AnSDRfanhere

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tabby bengal mixes aren't possible, you probably just got a dark-tabby on your hands

Last edited by a moderator: