Symptoms are randomly back on prednisolone?

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Musiaka has been on Pred since the 12th of November - 5mg daily for 7 days, then 2,5 mg for another 7 days and then I tried giving him 2,5 mg every other day but his vomiting was back so I upped him to 2,5 daily again which he has been taking since the 29th of November.

His vomiting disappeared almost on the first day of prednisolone and his appetite improved greatly. He has only vomited once when I lowered the dose to 2,5 mg every other day, but I increased it and it seemed to work again.

But tonight he has randomly vomited again! Even though he's been getting the same dose lately. Has this ever happened to someone? Can symptoms randomly come back even though they seemed under control already? I will of course call my vet to discuss it, but I would like to hear if people had symtoms, especially vomiting come back while on pred? Musiaka seemed to be doing so well, I am taken aback :/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had symptoms randomly come back while on Pred?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It might help if we knew WHY he is on the Pred? What did your Vet say about the random vomiting while on it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It might help if we knew WHY he is on the Pred? What did your Vet say about the random vomiting while on it?
Suspected ibd, without pred he is vomiting several times a week during the cold period and around 4 times a month during summer. It's his only symptom, with rare occassions of innappetence.
The vet didn't really say why it might have happened, just confirmed that it can happen and to continue on the same dose for 2 more weeks.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, I found a couple threads that might be helpful for you, not sure: