Swollen Forhead And Nose Bridge..

nourya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone, before asking my question, I would like to inform you that I took my cat to vet today, but both places were closed, I live in a very small city and country so there is no such a thing as emergency pet care or something.

I took my cat out for walking (I do this twice a month) two days ago, when we came back his lower lip and chin was swollen and red. Then I realized he had red dots in his ears. When I searched it, I found out that it was about using plastic bowls. I have changed them immediately so everything became normal. Today when I wake up his face especially his forehead and nose was swollen. I took him to the vet immediately but as I mentioned earlier both places were close. Unfortunately I took him back to home, I have been searching and reading everything about it since afternoon. Oh by the way, he is 1 year old, neutered and he eats & drinks normally. (I have uploaded his before and after pictures) His skin became red on the swollen area.

Thank you❤

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He may well have been bitten by something, or having an alleric reaction to something encountered on your walk. Cats, like us, can be allergic to all sorts of things.

Is he eating, drinking and behaving normally? If so, you do need to see a vet as soon as you can manage, but it isn't a crisis situation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nourya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes he does eat, drink and behave normally. I got scared and felt sorry for him. And lately I got married so he doesn't like my husband Time to time I realize he is depressed. I don't know what to do. Thank you for your response, and what can I do for his back pain, I kept an eye on him and saw that he couldn't jump.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a pretty boy! Im not sure what it would be, but i would just watch him close, and try to get him to the vet on Monday. Keep him in and calm if at all possible. do keep us updated on how he is doing!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Were you able to get your guy to the vet today? What did you find out about his face and the swelling?

nourya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It was an allergic reaction caused by some plant I don't really knwo the name, but i have seen him playing with fire-ants he really likes to play! I am trying to clean them off but they keep coming back! Thank God he is normal now! Thank you all for your help and responses ❤

nourya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad he is doing better! And i really hope he leaves those fire ants alone!
thank you for the update!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am trying to clean them off but they keep coming back!
Can you get your hands on grits? If so, spread a line of them around the ant bed. The ants take it into the bed as food, it swells up in their abdomens and kills them all, including the queen. A bit violent, but no more so than any poison, and very effective. LOL, us Southern girls learn stuff like that! LOTS of fire ants here.