Swollen bottom lip

yanniskwan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found my cat's bottom lip is swollen these days. In fact, her mouth always keeps slightly open from the first day she arrived my home. I doesn't concern it very much at first until I found her bottom lip always getting wet these days, especially happens after she licks her fur. She is nearly one year old, eats good and play well, except licking her fur frequently.

I read some articles in these forum and found it's a common case causing by allergy, can anyone come across this to share any sources you have removed that helps your cat recover from allergy?

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-05 at 5.54.31 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-05 at 5.54.21 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-05 at 5.53.50 PM.jpeg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think you need to start at the vet. Especially since you mention it is always wet and it does look like she is drooling or dribbling. That could be a tooth/mouth problem and delaying treatment to test out allergy possibilities could be detrimental.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with my fellow posters: a possible dental issue was my first thought as well. Please make a vet appointment for her; if it is a dental issue, it will likely be easily treatable, but will also only worsen without treatment. If dental issues get bad enough, then it can also lead to other negative health consequences, if, for example, it interferes with a cat’s ability to eat.

There are probably be other possible causes, too, but that’s why you need a vet to check her over, to find out what’s causing this and figure out a treatment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yanniskwan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
New update: The vet check her mouth and said there's nothing to worry about, we did the blood test and showing everything is alright. The vet gave her two weeks treatment of Antibiotics, but the situation didn't get any better, despite she keeps eating well and playing a lot.