Switching to Raw - Picky Eater NIGHTMARE

Thevikingchick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello there,

I'm in the process of switching my cats to a partially raw diet. We are still putting some kibbles down during the day (not a lot. We picked up a commercial version (Savage) just to make sure I wasn't going to spend hundreds of dollars just to beat my head against a wall. Well, one cat went over with no problem, he's SO happy.

And there's Nadja. She is so, sooo, picky. When she was on a commercial wet food diet we had to play the "food game" for a year before she settled on something. She doesn't like pate and I don't think she likes chicken (but who knows her dry kibble is chicken). We are trying Savage rabbit lamb and I thought she was loving it but now she has turned her nose up. I tried mixing it with her commercial wet food and she eats around it. I tried putting fotaflora on it, and saw some success but not much.

It has only been a few weeks so I don't want to lose hope, but I'm open to any advice!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat that likes raw and a cat that doesnt so it's possible she will never be interested. What was she eating before? She may find commercial more appealing because of smell. Try adding churu or tiki sticks

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thevikingchick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was on fishy food (Weurva mackerel & chicken) I think it's also texture she turns her nose up at pate and raw food is basically pate. I've never heard of churu or tiki sticks I'll have to give them a shot.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
She was on fishy food (Weurva mackerel & chicken) I think it's also texture she turns her nose up at pate and raw food is basically pate. I've never heard of churu or tiki sticks I'll have to give them a shot.
They are flavored liquid. Churu is online . Fish is addicting so try to slowly get her off that. Second place is chicken. My cats like weruva Lamborghini and glam n punk. Of corse they really like the more expensive steak frites and tiki after dark

Thevikingchick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are flavored liquid. Churu is online . Fish is addicting so try to slowly get her off that. Second place is chicken. My cats like weruva Lamborghini and glam n punk. Of corse they really like the more expensive steak frites and tiki after dark
Good call out in going slow. Tonight I tried mixing a tsp of raw with 2 tbsp of her regular wet and she ate most of it!

Gotta love cats with expensive taste.

Thevikingchick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good news! I've been mixing Nadja's raw food with her commercial diet and slowly changing her over and things are going so well!