Switching To Feeding Twice A Day...?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CurlyEmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is something in FortiFlora that actually triggers her IBD. She has a chicken sensitivity and I wonder if maybe the animal digest is still close enough to chicken.

She’s actually got the barfy kind of IBD. Her poops are pretty good these days. We did go through a healing process where she was having black mucous poops. But a month or two of herbal supplements including slippery elm bark and bentonite clay has cleared that up.

Our current works in progress are getting her portion sizes back up, getting her any kind of arthritis relief that doesn’t twist her tummy or soup her poops (currently that’s salmon oil), and most recently, getting hairball prevention back in her diet without souping her poops. That will be a very small amount of egg yolk powder to be increased every week as her poops can tolerate it until she’s no longer producing a weekly hairball.
My senior dog also has a chicken sensitivity. He gets rashes and throws up anything with chicken.
I’m guessing the animal digest might come from chicken. To me, the FortiFlora smells like chicken bouillon.
I’m glad you have been able to find natural remedies to some of her problems! Hopefully you’ll see more improvement as time goes by.