Switching my litter question please help

brand leesnider

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What is the best granulated recycled newspaper , pine sawdust and shavings, and hardwood and cedar chips litter to which to from a clay litter? I been searching all day and is no closer to an answer. I husband does not want faood based litter like wheat or corn, because of the worry of attracting unwanted bugs and other pest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brand leesnider

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I read reviews for yesterdays news. Some of the reviews say that their cat would not use it.  My husband think to that the paper and wood litters would bring in unwanted bugs too.

brand leesnider

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can i use bedding for rodents and rabbits for a cat litter?

brand leesnider

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Seems too expensive for me. My husband and I are both on a fix income. Any alt. cat litter can not be that expensive.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately, at the time alternative cat litter is expensive. The more people that start using it, the cheaper it will become. Remember how expensive a DVD player was at first? Now they are so cheap, it is less expensive to throw one away and buy a new one than to have one fixed.

brand leesnider

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well feline Ps not seen does seen to be that bad. I also here great things about it in the reviews i read. Come on if you can buy it in walmart it can not be that bad in price. Nine dollars a 20 pound bag. about what I pay for the clay litter I am using for the same size bag.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Feline Pine is the exception to the demand/price formula. I guess it is used by a lot of people, since it is available at WalMart.

brand leesnider

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yea. The reviews are mostly good. I also read glowing recommentions on reviews for other brands of litter.

enendawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been using Feline Pine clumping litter (tried the pellet form, but it was kind of a hassle) since we adopted our first kitten and never had much trouble with it.  Now we have two kittens.  The only issue I've had with it, and it may just be situational, is that it seems to clump up and stay moist where my cats pee... Which you can only tell when scooping, because it does sink.  While the pine controls odor well, I've found that cleaning that one corner can be overpowering.  When I change the litter, I usually rinse out their box before putting new pine in.  But it also appears that my cats only like to pee in one area of the litter box.  I don't know if that's typical.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just remember to do a litter switch very gradually, adding only a small amount of the new litter in with the old for a few weeks, eventually adding more of the new each time.

Most cats don't like litter changes..and you don't want to spark any litter box avoidance!

brand leesnider

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I will take your advice.