Sweetest Thing Your Cat Has Ever Done

libra4687

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am having problems with my cat not using his litter box and now his brother doing it as well (detailed in another thread) so I decided the best way to deal with it was to think back on some of my favorite memories of them. I wanted to start a fun thread to share and de-stress!

I have 2 15 year old male ginger cats that are brothers. Both are huge sweethearts.

One of them, Henry, is very emotionally intelligent. He instinctively knows when you're sad and always tries to cheer you up. He even gets anxiety if there is a lot of sadness or anger around him. He will start purring really fast and loud. A few years ago my mom passed away and I had a hard time with it. I was very sad and one day I was crying at home alone. Henry jumped in my lap and started rubbing his face against mine. He rubbed the side of his face against my nose and chin. Then he stayed with me for a very long time, just purring quietly and rubbing up against me every so often. We sat like that for hours and it was me who moved first. It was really comforting. He has done this a bunch of times when I've been sad but this is the one I remember most.

Henry's brother Walter is also very sweet. Last year I broke my leg in 3 places. I had to have surgery and I came home the same night. I should have stayed overnight but my insurance wouldn't have covered it so I convinced them to release me early. Walter isn't as cuddly as Henry and he usually prefers to sleep near, but not on, us. The night after my surgery I kept waking up from the pain and Walter was right by me every time. I would wake up and he would have his head resting on my tummy or chest. Every time I shifted he would get up and then settle right back either on or directly next to me, always touching me. It made me feel a lot better knowing he was there. For the next week while I was recovering Walter would sit in my lap or just right next to me. This was definitely not a coincidence since he had never acted that way before.

I feel very lucky to have 2 affectionate cats, even if they do things that really annoy me sometimes! what about you all?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Selene is always affectionate. Charlie isn't, which makes this stand out. Occasionally, I'll be away from home for more than a day. My first night back, Charlie will snuggle with me. It's his way of saying "I missed you." I was stunned the first time it happened.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a great way to deal with the stress! Remembering your cat loves you.

My cat, Mog, is very cuddly and friendly, but usually prefers to hang out with my husband if he's around. He'll let me pet him, and he loves to play with me, but he didn't really pick me to cuddle with. One time, when I had s really bad case of the flu, he snuggled right up next to my arm and held my hand. It was so surprising, because my husband was also there, but Mog was choosing to come be with me. I thought maybe the fuzzy pjs I was wearing was the source of his affection, because I wanted something warm and comfy to wear. Then, my husband put Mog's favorite blanket over him to prove to me that Mog was just cuddling me because I didn't feel well, haha. I had to admit he was right, because he stayed there with me for hours. If I shifted and tossed and turned, he'd just settle right back down next to me.
IMG_9848.JPG

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved reading all these stories!
Toffee and Fudge are very affectionate. We joke that perhaps Toffee was a dog in his past life, because he'll follow us around everywhere and wait for us until we've come back from the bathroom, kitchen, etc. Last night I was getting ready for bed and Toffee had been sitting right on the top of the stairs, looking up at me and waiting for me. If guard cats were a thing, he'd be a pro! Toffee also learnt how to wink last night and I wish I'd captured the moment on video, because after I'd finished talking to him he just gave me a little wink, and it was the most precious thing ever (and earned him his new nickname - "Winkie" :)). He also loves giving kisses, and when I lean towards him he'll kiss me with his little nose.

tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Fudge also regularly does that. He also likes giving me high fives! Last week I was playing a "hand game" with him and he just raised up one of his paws and gave me a high five. It was so cute! He likes holding my fingers with his paws, too.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With arnold, its not the sweetest thing he has ever done... its the things he does every day!

Even as I write this he has come over, jumped up on the table, head butted me and flopped down between me and my tablet.

Here are some other examples, most nights after dinner my wife and I watch tv for an hour or so.

All I have to say to arnold is "tv time". And he runs downstairs and waits for me to lie on the couch....... and then this happens. ...
20180812_203912.jpg

He lies on my chest, puts his head into my shoulder and purrs himself to sleep.

When I go to bed, he walks up the bed to the pillow, turns around and flops heavily onto me, spooning. And purrs himself to sleep.

When he is on a table and I am petting him, if I walk away, he often reaches out with a great big paw and very very lightly grabs me with his claws and pulls me back to his side.

When I am on the computer and he is curled in my lap
(he still thinks hes a kitten, at 22lbs), if I dont constantly pet him, he will reach up and again very gently bat my face to remind me he is here and wanting to be petted.
20180101_105149.jpg

And he makes me laugh...sometimes so much that my face hurts. I am known for not laughing or smiling...but arnold changes that. Whether is is wresting with his brother greg, growling and chirping at birds he cant reach at the bird feeder, chasing ping pong balls around the house, falling asleep and rolling off the couch, watching his videos for cats, running ungracefully across the yard or any of his other antics.

And all these pleasures I enjoy daily because of him.

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Huxkey lived to cuddle and let me carry him like a baby.
Sophie, who i adopted last Saturday is even more affectionate, which I didn’t really think possible. Every time she is on, or near me, she likes holding me, with one or sometimes 2 paws. If I pet her, and suddenly stop, she’ll grab my hand to say “hey ma, don’t stop that!”.
When she is on the floor at my feet, sometimes she gets on her hind legs, puts her front paws on my knees and lifts herself up to rub her nose against my face and often will grab my hand with one paw. In bed, she wants wrap herself around or over me and she really doesn’t care how uncomfortable it is for me! Lol
She is the sweetest!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will always say that Burt was my sweetest cat. Every morning, without fail, he would jump up onto the table while I was having my coffee, literally grab my hand and drag it towards him and then lay his head on it.
He was a big cat, but had the sweetest, mildest temperament of any cat we have ever lived with. I will always miss his quiet presence.......

Lalexa67

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
C8F05561-D764-47C7-B2D4-89EC6FF2920C.jpeg Absolutely genius! Kudos to you!

Even though he insists he is the alpha in my tiny little empty nest. I still wake every morning with him sleeping within arm length. Martin DePaws is really a big mush.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Honeybun always cuddles with me-if she sees me laying down on my side she'll come plop next to me and be little spoon and just lay there and purr and let me give her forehead kisses :) she also always wants to be near me. If im in the bedroom laying on the bed she's usualky near me or on the bed somewhere.. if i get up and go to the living room and sit down to watch tv, a few minutes later she'll come plop down next to me :) it sounds like a small thing, but i love that she could be anywhere in the house but prefers to be with me :)

One more-the first time i took her to the vet she was really scared, she was standing on the exam table but looking for an exit. There was the sink. Her carrier... but she turned around and literally leapt into my arms. The thought that she was scared and looked to me for comfort and safety made me hella happy :)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Chewie is not only affectionate and intuitive to us but to his adoptive brothers as well. If he is in ear shot of anything he feels isn't quite right he'll come to the rescue. If I cough or sneeze a few times for example, he comes running, or stays right next to me if I'm sick or sad. He may not always get the reception he deserves from one of our cats, who does NOT like to be bothered if he's hacking a furball, but he still insists on sniffing and giving a few quick licks before he deems the situation OK and moves on.
Chewie is also the cat who told us when our most senior cat (at the time) passed away. We had just finished giving Fritz some food, water and love (he was ill). He started to purr and settled in his bed, so I went to take a shower and my husband when downstairs to to some work. Well during that time, Fritz went into cardiac arrest, and passed almost instantly. Only ten minutes passed from the time we left him, until my husband was getting verbally assaulted by Chewie ;). My husband went to him, but Chewie kept stepping back, it was like in the movies where the animal tries to get the human to follow. So my husband decided to follow. Chewie lead him straight to poor Fritz. He nudged Fritz a few times then would look up to my husband and nudged him again before lying down next to him when my husband bent to check Fritz. The rest of this story is all tears and hugs, so I wont' go into details. But as sad as the situation was, my heart still fills with joy when I think of how amazing Chewie is and still is, at the ripe old age of 18, and still going strong.

Lalexa67

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The sweetest thing. I am an empty nester. So everytime I see Martin bump his head or gets a boo boo I run to his and cuddle him and rub and kiss the boo boo reassuring him that it will be okay.

So last night he came running from the kitchen and jumped up on the coffee table sliding across and bam into the ottoman and hits the ground.

I just sat there a didn’t move so he picked himself up and ran over meeimg to the bottom of my feet. So I picked him up and cuddled him and kissed his head.

I have created a cry baby. Lol

• Purraise
Reactions: LAL

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats have done so many really sweet things that it hard to pick just one thing that is the "sweetest"!

Here's a recent example of something really sweet that Olivie did:
Last night I was laying in bed, and Olivie came in and started kneading on my chest and tummy. She had all four paws going, it was actually a little painful because she had her claws unsheathed. She was just purring so loud; it was one of the loudest kitty purrs that I've ever heard. Every once in a while she would come up and nuzzle my face. She's just such a loving and loyal little cat... she's a very precious gift.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Boris was a lap kitty and loved belly rubs, but other than that he was not one to seek me out. Unless I was sad. Then he would come over to the chair I was sitting in, stand up with his feet on my leg and look me very closely in the face, as if to ask, "You OK?" It always helped to know I had such a caring friend.

When I had a broken leg, he slept beside me every night for a month. He almost never slept in the bed. I still miss him so much. :rbheart:

calikitteh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
one of ours will reach up to pet your face with her paw and the other makes air biscuits when you hold him*squee*

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes I will look up from what I am doing to see Sophie sitting on the living room floor watching me. As soon as I say, "Hi baby girl!" she comes over to sit on my lap for pets and snuggles. It's so cute. She loves to snuggle with me and sit on my lap. :heartshape:

Lilith is a sweetheart. She knows when I don't feel well and will stay glued to my side. There have been many times when I wasn't feeling great and I'd wake up to find her stroking my arm with her paw. She's such a sweet baby. She also is the one who likes to snuggle at bedtime. She always wants to be right next to me and she gets mad if I have to get up. I get scolded every time. :nono: :heartshape:

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It just happened last night! My one year old, Theo, slept against my chest all night long. He doesn't ever do that, and I loved it!! :yess:
(He is not a year old here, but this is the best picture of him that I have.)
my baby.jpg