Sweet pea attention seeking behavior

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok so as some ove you know I have a new cat named Sweet pea and also a cat named Tabby. Tabby has always been loving so her behavior is not uncommon but sweet pea has always been timid and afraid of humans moving around or even being near her. But she has started to slowly let us pet her then all the sudden a few days after she got fixed she started coming to us laying on us but then running if we moved I'm like excellent but then within the last few days she has gotten to the point where it is so bad that we can't walk anywhere without her meowing at us and loving on us. I went to the restroom and she actually puts her paws up on me and look up with big eyes meowing and it is hours before they get fed and they are always on the same schedule even if I don't sleep well the next ght before. How do I show her that her behavior is good but she needs to back off when we are trying to do other things ( mainly with me )? Has anybody else had this problem with can't do anything without them getting back n the way all the time if so how do you get them to stop when they are being persistent

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Ok so as some ove you know I have a new cat named Sweet pea and also a cat named Tabby. Tabby has always been loving so her behavior is not uncommon but sweet pea has always been timid and afraid of humans moving around or even being near her. But she has started to slowly let us pet her then all the sudden a few days after she got fixed she started coming to us laying on us but then running if we moved I'm like excellent but then within the last few days she has gotten to the point where it is so bad that we can't walk anywhere without her meowing at us and loving on us. I went to the restroom and she actually puts her paws up on me and look up with big eyes meowing and it is hours before they get fed and they are always on the same schedule even if I don't sleep well the next ght before. How do I show her that her behavior is good but she needs to back off when we are trying to do other things ( mainly with me )? Has anybody else had this problem with can't do anything without them getting back n the way all the time if so how do you get them to stop when they are being persistent
My cat Zoe is like this.  She's 6 and has always been very attention-seeking.  She's always trying to jump on my lap if I'm working at the computer and follows me everywhere.  Sometimes I just have to shut her out of my office if I'm trying to work, but otherwise I don't try to stop her, that's just the way she is.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok since I wrote the post last she is still the same attention seeking behavior that she has been to the point where I cant be on my laptop most of the time. She is a sweet little girl and I have come to except that I cant do anything without her getting in my face or sitting on whatever I'm using (aka laptop) but, I am just wondering why she has this major change in her personality from timid and afraid to very very sweet after she got fixed. I am seriously at a loss for that one.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

ok since I wrote the post last she is still the same attention seeking behavior that she has been to the point where I cant be on my laptop most of the time. She is a sweet little girl and I have come to except that I cant do anything without her getting in my face or sitting on whatever I'm using (aka laptop) but, I am just wondering why she has this major change in her personality from timid and afraid to very very sweet after she got fixed. I am seriously at a loss for that one.
     One word.. 'hormones'.