Suspicious Kitten Wound - Help!

Jmed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys,

A few days ago I noticed my kitten had a course bit of dark fur under her eye, which later turned into a scratch. Again today I noticed that my kitten had suddenly developed a pretty big flesh like wound on her leg. It scared me so I took her to the vet.

The vet suspects ringworm and took some samples for the lab. The vet scraped the scratch under her eye which made it more noticeable and red so it wasnt as bad as it looks in the photo. Please see the photos. Does anyone know what it could be??!! Shes still on antibiotics from her cat flu so I dont know why this is happening?? She is very playful and eats well. Shes overall a healthy and happy kitten. She is an indoor kitten and we have no other pets. Help!!!

Attachments

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it is ringworm(I've never seen it in cats), it could've been transferred from human to cat i think. I have had a horse get it and he gave it to me. Might not be very helpful, but it's my experience. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jmed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it is ringworm(I've never seen it in cats), it could've been transferred from human to cat i think. I have had a horse get it and he gave it to me. Might not be very helpful, but it's my experience. :)
Was it easy to treat in both yourself and your horse? Did your horse have similar sores?

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Was it easy to treat in both yourself and your horse? Did your horse have similar sores?
Yes, it was relatively easy to treat. The sores on the horse looked like little spots with no hair, so pretty similar. I just had to get a specific ointment for myself. It was a few years ago, but i think the vet gave Snoopy (the horse) medication, I'm not sure. but the general care was simple: continue with daily activities, just wash any items that came in contact with the sores. Brushes, saddle pads, etc.
sorry for the late response

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has the vet gotten back to you? I would love to know how your cat is doing!:catrub:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jmed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has the vet gotten back to you? I would love to know how your cat is doing!:catrub:
Turns out that it isnt a sore on her leg but its her skin! But its still bald and flakey now.. her eye is also not better and is red (slightly bloody) rather than pink like in the photos. Still no good. Waiting for results from vet still