Surgury! Very Urgent

Sahar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just spayed/ neutered my female cat and the dr said the stitches were done as a plastic surgery so they are on the inside and that she wont reach them and cant lick them but now she is licking the incision site what shoul i do

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only sure fire way to stop licking that I know is to use a cone. She won't like it, but it works. And you don't need to leave it on if you are with her and monitoring her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sahar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes thank you im looking for one now Also she is breathing really fast while she is asleep is it okay ?

Sahar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think only when she is sleeping she jumped on and off the bed without meawing of aching i quess when i carried her she meawed once then she let me carry her so i really dont know i cant stop worrying

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you think she is in pain or hurting i recommend calling the vet. I also recommend that all cats wear the collar after a spay. It can save your cat a lot of pain and damage to the spay site. They dont like, but they get use to it.

Sahar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much i fid call the vet he said i should not be worried this early anything might be due to the hormonal drop after spaying but after one hour from now would complete 24 hours post surgery and she still hasnot eaten anything , and hides everywhere she cans , is there anything i should do ? , the vet said if im still worried after 48 hours i should bring her in

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the vet give you any pain medication for her? You could ask about pain medication when you call the vet.

Sahar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried smelly food like wet food for cats ana human tuna , she refused at all she only came around like now and only liked the water of the wet food and a friend recommended that i should force her to drink water with a syringe for her own good but i dont know if i should ? Also about the medications when i took her yesterday he said they gave all typed of pain medication after the surgery hence she stayed there 3 hours after her surgery and said that she would not be needing any , she doesnot seem to be in pain as i put her on the bed to make her comfortable and she jumped off with out making any noises or meawing to go back to hiding , any iformation would be very helpfull please im leaving her all morining tomorrow for school with my sister but i dont want to be worried

Hyda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1- Do not let her jump off the bed, put her in a single room and dont allow her to jump or play, if you can put her either in a room without any furniture or put the bed in a diffrent room.

2- She have to eat so feed her wet food by hand, if you have treats try to give her some so she will want to eat, if she still refuse to you can try to at least make her drink the wet food water.

3- Buy a cone and make her wear it, she will be pissed but its better than an infection or an open incision.

4- make sure someone pay attention to her while you're in school.

Sahar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Soo her surgery was on September 10th today it 13th she ate very little amount of wet food on the 11th at midnight since that she has been eating very small amounts not on regular basis she mostly just licks the water if she bites on something she takes one or two bites , about her breath i think its coming back to normal but i will make sure to ask the vet in the next visit i just dont want her to go through the stress of the car ride now , another concern is her bowl movment since the surgery she only peed urine in large amounts and respectful times when should i worry about no stool ?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Since she hasn't eaten much these past few days, it could be 2-3 days...I'm so glad to hear things, including her breath are coming back to normal!

Sahar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes im relieved thank you so much for your concern and very helpfull info
Thanks to everyone else as well