Supplements For Cat With Allergies?

entlaufene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here's the fish oil I use. Iceland Pure Unscented Pharmaceutical Grade Sardine Anchovy Oil For Dogs and Cats.Bottle Size 8.75oz
It's the most reasonable. The micronized distillation removes toxins and the fish proteins. That's what needs to be removed so there's no reaction. My cat is allergic to fish so if she gets any her chin swells and she rips half her fur out. She has absolutely no reaction to this fish oil. I've tasted it. It really doesn't have a taste so you don't have to worry about kitty hating the flavor. The vitamins A & D are removed when it's distilled.

If kitty has an allergy to the actual oil (I've never heard of it, most stop having reactions when you use micronized distillation) your next step would be go with krill oil. You could feed kitty a shrimp to be sure not allergic to shrimp . Krill does not lose vitamin A & D when it's distilled so you wouldn't want to use it excessively. By excessively i mean daily. Using it to supplement raw food wouldn't be an issue.
I also have a fish allergic cat that I've just not been giving omega-3's.

How long does a bottle last, and how's its shelf life? I don't live in the US and shipping time will probably be a couple weeks, want to make sure it won't go bad in that time.