Sunday's Question of the Day 12/15

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a good question! I'm in nursing school so I'm in the process of changing careers in a way. But if I were to move from nursing...I'd probably consider a rep position for orthopedics in the OR. Or bartending again, but in a nicer hotel than I was in before.

awaiting abyss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't even started an actual career. I just work horrible retail.

I'd love to be a breeder of several show quality animals. I'd love to own my own pet store where I breed my own critters and I educate people about each pet before they buy a single one for it to live its live alone and in a small, horrible cage without doing any research. I'd also love to get into snake breeding.
I am already an unpaid artist, website developer/designer, and author. I'd like to one day be paid for those.
I also wouldn't mind studying genetics or being a vet for small animals... though I doubt I would ever be a vet because I don't fancy vets.

sillywabbit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ha!! I'd like a career of hitting the lottery, starting with Tuesdays half billion dollar jackpot. I'd live in a country house with a barn and take home every last kitty in the local kill shelter, and go to sams club and load up on items for the local food pantry.
*sigh*

I would love to be an accountant, though, if I could. Safe desk job, however boring.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I'm ending one career of 30 years this week, and if I could afford it I'd love to retrain to work in animal behaviour - but then most of the courses seem to focus on dogs and I'd want to work with cats which is kind of off-putting.  While some of you want to get out of retail that's what I hope to do once I finish my current job this week, along with bits of cat-sitting.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have two journeys I'd love to take and either one would be a challenge. But I'd enjoy either one of them, I think.
  • I'd love to open a bed-and-breakfast, an old Victorian-style house with the cats staying in my quarters. Guests who are traveling with their cats would be welcome to stay here. I would do breakfast and, on occasion, special dinners. OR
  • I'd love to open a bakery. Nothing exotic or real fancy. Perhaps a cookie-tea type shop, and eventually branching out into some neat cupcakes and desserts. It would have a cat name and be done with Cat decor.....I know I couldn't actually have a cat inside because of food regulations and such. I have two close GFs who have already said that if I managed to open a bakery, they'd quit their jobs in a heartbeat to work with me. I could stay in the kitchen and bake to my heart's content while the others were out and about in the store.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I have two journeys I'd love to take and either one would be a challenge. But I'd enjoy either one of them, I think.
  • I'd love to open a bed-and-breakfast, an old Victorian-style house with the cats staying in my quarters. Guests who are traveling with their cats would be welcome to stay here. I would do breakfast and, on occasion, special dinners. OR
  • I'd love to open a bakery. Nothing exotic or real fancy. Perhaps a cookie-tea type shop, and eventually branching out into some neat cupcakes and desserts. It would have a cat name and be done with Cat decor.....I know I couldn't actually have a cat inside because of food regulations and such. I have two close GFs who have already said that if I managed to open a bakery, they'd quit their jobs in a heartbeat to work with me. I could stay in the kitchen and bake to my heart's content while the others were out and about in the store.
If you're going to make those peppermint crunch icebox cookies you just mentioned in another post - I'll be there..... 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

If you're going to make those peppermint crunch icebox cookies you just mentioned in another post - I'll be there..... 

I can do that! Yeah. they're seriously good cookies. I posted the recipe for them in The Recipe Exchange.
Culinary school for patissier. I hope to go to CIA in a few years from now, it's just so darn expensive.
Wow! Just wow! I'd love to study with you there. But yes, it is expensive and way out of my league. (One of my son's high school friends graduated from CIA...he is now a great chef is a restaurant in the New England area. He loved food and cooking for as long as I can remember.)

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NOt in a permanent career yet, but I switched from economics to my current degree in information security. If I can switch easily though, I'd love to do film production.