Sunday Question of the Day, 6th of September, 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello and Happy First Sunday of September!

Let's pretend if we can, that there was no pandemic. What would you do today?
(Again, funds are no object)

I would go to the Cleveland Air Show because if there was no pandemic, it would not have been cancelled.

I would have a hotel room with Cal and stay a few days..maybe visit a museum and have dinner at Johnny's
Bar in Cleveland, on their patio.

What about you?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have a car boot sale with a friend. We usually do two a year and its great to catch up gor a couple of hours, see lots of people we know, get some fresh air, get rid of stuff we dont want and hopefully make a bit of money as well.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The pandemic isn't actually stopping me from doing this, but if there was no typhoon battering this area today I'd go horse riding in the forest.

The ponies live just a 10 minute drive from my house and there are no other people around in the woods we ride in. Not any that get close enough to breath on anyway.

Maybe next weekend.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The pandemic isn't actually stopping me from doing this, but if there was no typhoon battering this area today I'd go horse riding in the forest.

The ponies live just a 10 minute drive from my house and there are no other people around in the woods we ride in. Not any that get close enough to breath on anyway.

Maybe next weekend.......
Stay safe!!!! I hope you have no damage and you, your husband and babies are ok.💖

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Nebraska so pretty much don't have Pandemic worries here, and do pretty much what we want. Being outside is as safe as you can be, indoors with other people is where you have to worry. Winter will bring an upswing because more people are indoors. The only real change is avoiding large crowds because my husband gets so deathly sick with any flu. We wear masks at Walmart and Menards and that is pretty much it. We have had only 30 positive cases in our whole county!

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would have had football training right in the middle of the day, so that's all I probably would've done if there was no virus. We have to get to the training facility an hour early since it's on the military base, so we all have to check in. Then training is 2 hours and the guys train after us, so we usually end up hanging around sharing food and gabbing, and by the time I get home, most of the day is over.

Norachan Norachan Hope you guys are all right~ We're expecting Haishen to get here tomorrow, but Seoul probably won't be affected much. What a wild weather year its been in East Asia. I hope this is the last typhoon!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe be picking up school supplies that we didn't already have on hand since school started last week and teachers always put the oddest things on their syllabus for the kids to have. Otherwise probably the same thing I am doing today... clean house and do laundry.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Kind of hard for me to say since I've been stay at home for 5 or more years due to Mom. So I'll have to pretend that there is no Pandemic and Mom is able to get around In that case I would go for the 2 hour drive one way to the country where I found my greatest inspiration to write. And I sure need that now.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Go to the mall with a friend, and not have to wear a mask. Go into stores without having to wait in lines. Browse, and even try on lots of clothes, and possibly buy something. Maybe even eat in the food court. Nothing too exciting, but something I used to enjoy and haven't done since at least February.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We would have gone to our local "Rib Fest". Where travelling vendors sell BBQ ribs, pulled pork sandwiches and chicken. There is usually a car show, a child's "fun area", and a few other food trucks that sell what you would find at a carnival like fries and cotton candy...as long as it doesn't compete with the meat vendors. There is also a section for vendors that sell their non food goods.
They always have cover bands play throughout the day as well.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Get up early and head out to the farmers market without the pandemic limitations, then go to a local art fair and take a brisk walk along the lake with a stop at the Art Institute. Last but not least, enjoy a fabulous meal at a favorite restaurant overlooking the city.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For today, nothing would change. Same with most days. I will stay at home and avoid people in general. I may or may not work in the flower garden later. My daughter works tonight, so around 5, I will be getting my Hobbit! That is when the fun will begin.

No pandemic is going to stop me from avoiding people!

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're at the in laws, so I'd just feel comfortable being inside and upstairs without a mask.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably nothing different, lol. I'm sort of concerned at how little my life has changed during the pandemic. I guess I don't do much!

I suppose there would have been a few festivals this summer that got cancelled but I only go to those because a friend or family member wants to go, do some light shopping, eat some funnel cakes. I'm not the type who goes to those, gets crazy drunk, and dances to the cowboy band all night.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My son and I had planned to go to Las Vegas this month. He and I used to go once a year in September but we missed last year because he went to Italy instead. We gamble a little and walk and walk and sightsee and eat for a few days. It is a great time together and I am sad we are missing it.