Sunday Question of the Day, 14th of February.2021

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Valentine's Day, the Day for LOVEπŸ’–πŸ’ŒπŸ’πŸ’˜πŸ’—!!!!

Chocolates, Flowers, Jewelry are common gifts for VD.

Tell us your fave chocolate, flower, jewelry

I like Godiva chocs, roses, a dozen red for VD, and a diamonds, a girl's best friend

What do you like? It can be something other than what I mentioned

Last edited:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because I worked as a florist we rarely celebrated other than a card. I was always to tired to celebrate. I told him NOT to buy flowers during the holiday week because of the increase in cost, plus you have a higher chance of getting flowers that are beat up from people pulling them out of the water and leaving them (That used to drive me CRAZY when I worked!). I would rather choose my own flowers since I know what to look for. I can live without candy and as for jewelry, I never go anywhere to wear it. I like it though, but it isn't practical. I would rather have something I can use. With the pandemic, we are not doing anything - not even a card.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are not doing anything this year either. It's too cold anyway, high of minus two. Lows near 20 below. I hope the cats are doing OK in the unheated garage, I'll have to check their beds today, it's really nasty the next couple of days. My husband texted me so I would see it this AM, must have been after I went to bed. Said he loved me, awwwwww......

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Godiva or Lindt are two fav chocolate brands. Dark specifically. Hubbie usually gets me mixed color roses, which I prefer over red. Not sure if he was able to get them this year though and no big deal if he couldn't.

No actual gifts - it's not necessary. Cards always appreciated too.

Normally we'd go out for a fancy dinner but this year is weird so we splurged for a meal box from chef Tom Colicchio's restaurant Craft. Very lavish meal to cook at home; everything is prepped for you already. Chateaubriand with truffle sauce, creamed potatoes to bake, braised leeks, sauteed spinach and to start a Frisee Lobster salad with Citrus dressing.

Last, it also comes with a small whole cheesecake and a side of raspberry sauce and....a couple of chocolate truffles. I didn't know that was included and I'd bought a small box of Godiva or dessert myself, so we have lots of chocolate to eat tonight :D

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up this morning to a card....normally we don't do much. I've specifically told my husband to never buy flowers....I love them, but not at premium prices! My favorite color of roses are the yellow ones with the pink trimmed edges, but I do like an assortment and don't really have a favorite flower for a bouquet. As for chocolate...I'm not a huge "sweets" person, so don't really know what my favorite is....but I hate "fruit filled/flavored" chocolates.....Yuck! I like jewelry, but can't justify spending money on it since I don't wear it much. Honestly, the best gift I can get would be to not have to make dinner but I don't like going out on V-Day because it's too busy...so we'll usually get take out.
Overall, Valentine's Day is not something we make a big deal out of...never have.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like chocolate or dessert much, I would rather be taken to dinner, lunch, or out for coffee. I like cheap jewelry, nothing too expensive. Cubic Zirconia is fine! I don't let flowers come in the house because my cats try to eat them.

Hot sauce, coffee, or something cat related would also make a great Valentine's gift for me. Or cheese!

I saw some cute heart shaped pasta that would be fun to make on Valentine's day. I also saw a heart shaped casserole dish.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
As other members have said, we usually go out for dinner but between the pandemic and the weather here that's not going to happen this year. However, my husband gave me a πŸ’ card with a gift certificate for one of my two favorite local coffee shops. It's very eclectic and we usually bring a book to read when we go there. That suits me perfectly!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My husband is the romantic one. Since the pandemic, I've found I could care less abut celebrating holidays, which is strange, since I used decorate for most holidays, and made a big thing of them. So, I didn't want anything for Christmas nor Valentine's, but he did ask me what I wanted. We went out to dinner the past two nights though, and, when I got to the restaurant, he had a card and a heart-shaped balloon for me. He did say that the balloon was really for the cats to destroy, though.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not that crazy about choclate these days, but the boxed kind with coconut filling are pretty good. Flowers I'd rather see in gardens, and I don't wear any jewelry now except my wedding band, and a fitbit watch if you call that jewelry. My favorite gem is Opal, my birthstone, and of course diamonds are a girls best friend :cool:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not that crazy about choclate these days, but the boxed kind with coconut filling are pretty good. Flowers I'd rather see in gardens, and I don't wear any jewelry now except my wedding band, and a fitbit watch if you call that jewelry. My favorite gem is Opal, my birthstone, and of course diamonds are a girls best friend :cool:
I love opals! Wish it was my birthstone.

I also love emeralds, but I really only wear my wedding and engagement rings.

My husband brought me roses, a small thing of chocolate covered strawberries, and cards for me and J. He snuck to the grocery while getting a haircut yesterday.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele doesn't wear the jewelry that I have bought over the years any more; she doesn't like roses- she prefers daisies; she isn't real big on chocolate, either, and when I buy her a card, she says I'm wasting my money, so I just give her a hug and say "Happy Valentine's Day", and let it go at that.