Suggestions for quality dry & wet food that is still affordable

aella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I'm new here. I came across The Cat Site while researching cat foods and it looks like a fun and informative place. I was wondering if anyone has food suggestions that don't break the bank. I feed 2 of my cats President's Choice Nutrition First indoor & hairball formula & right now my kitten is on Iams Kitten formula.

I would like to feed them something of higher quality, but of course all my vet will recommend is the super expensive Royal Canin specialty foods that they sell in their office. (I realize this is all she can really do legally, as I'm sure Royal Canin is their sponsor). Even after some research, I'm feeling more confused than ever about what to feed them. I want to feed them the very best, but I have to be realistic when it comes to cost.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for the 2nd post, couldn't figure out how to edit.

Forgot to say that the adult cats are fed dry food twice a day & once of wet food. The wet food brand I use is PC extra meaty poultry flavours. I don't have the kitten on any wet food.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

loribeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't know where you live but I buy 4 Health from Tractor Supply ...I'm impressed with the quality of the ingredients.  I read a few folks here said their cats threw it up ... every cat is different I suppose.  I buy the 5lb Indoor Formula kibble@ $7.99 and the 5.5oz cans are $0.49/ea. ...Malachy loves it & does well on it ...we also feed our dog 4 Health.  Best of luck ...don't overthink it, it can be maddening!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

aella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the help vball91 & LoriBeth. I'm going to be trying out Blue Buffalo if I can find the varieties I'm looking for.