Suddenly Scared

mattie5900

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 8 month old cat Raider is suddenly scared and wont leave the room. It started yesterday afternoon when for no reason, he freaked out and ran to my room and hid under the bed. This morning i tried to let him out so he can go to the litter and he attacked me and ran back into my room. I do have other cats but they arent spooked. He wasn't attacked yesterday and he's acting normal in my room, he just wont leave my room and go into the rest of the house, not even to go potty, the poor cat holds it in for hours until i can safely sneek him to the litter and then he only goes when the door is shut. This is the first time this is ever happened and im worried. I tried to slowly take him into the living room and introduce him into the general public again but he wont have it. All my cats have been neutered/spayed & they all love each other so i dont think its a territorial thing. Does anyone have any ideas as to why he's acting like this?

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you don't think it is territorial but I am sure it is. I would put a littler box in the room with him and food and water. Let him come out of the bedroom on his own terms and time. Cats can read signals from other cats without any actual fighting.