Suddenly my cat wasn't my cat anymore. I need help!

13crazycatlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Everyone,

I am having a very difficult time with my cat Grizzly. I want to give you a brief background so you have an idea of why I am so desperate for help. One day a year and a half ago, this ugly orange kitten(6months old) hopped over my back fence and decided this was his new home. I have a 12 year old female, Snowshoe Siamese, Sky, who has tolerated the youngster all this time. Well occasionally she will hiss and swipe at him but he usually just dodges her and goes about his business. Grizzly is a male, and everyone that comes in contact with Grizzly falls in love with him, especially men. When people come over they don't ask how I'm doing they say"where's Grizzly?" He was the most mellowest, lovable cat I have ever owned. He and my boyfriend had this crazy special bond I have never seen in a cat/human relationship.

So one day, Grizzly didn't come home. He never misses a meal!!! I think he lives to eat. I thought nothing of it since him & Sky disappear from time to time over night. Well he didn't come home on the second night either, now I'm a worried. On the third day he comes home for dinner finally, but something is different about him. He left his meal in the kitchen and as soon as he reached my bedroom he started hissing and growling and ran back out the front door. He was gone another 2 days and the same thing happened when he came home. This was happening for about a week and a half, when the little light went on in my head. The new bed I had just got from a friend of mine, it was a week and half ago. Come to find out the friend left the bed outside the night before he delivered it to me. When he delivered it the top was immaculate and white. Well I should have checked the bottom side as well. It was covered in urine. So I immediately got rid of the bed, literally, that same night it was out of here. I washed all the linens that were on it. I shampooed the carpet where they had drug it in and out. I bought Feliway. I have done everything I can think of. He came home with a new flea collar that I didn't put on him, and he took off his collar twice in the past 2 nights. I pick him up and growls at me. He growls at my boyfriend too. He wont stay here. He comes only at dinner time. Then he's gone til the next night. He used to purr all the time around us now he only growls. It's like I'm dead to him. Just another food source. I think he went and found another home. Is there anything else I should have done after removing the bed? I am at a loss. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thank you for reading.

stormy bledsoe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First, keep him and the other cat inside. Second, a major change in behavior is grounds for a vet visit. He might have something wrong with him that makes him irritable.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't let him back out keep him inside.. When I used to allow my cats out I found the longer they where outside the more un friendly they become. It would be a good idea to have your vet check for any health problems. Sounds your cat might be staying at some one elses house.. They must think hes a stray..