Suddenly clingy

jekyllsmummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is 2 and a half years old.
In the last couple of weeks she's turned into this clingy cat who constantly meows and purrs. But, only after 5pm. That's when both my partner and I are home together.
At first I just thought she was maturing into a loving cat as from the day we got her she was very anti social and would bite a lot.
I spend most my days at home with her and forget she's even here but as soon as my partner arrives home she goes onto our bed and cries for us to come in and lay down with her. She's not happy until her paws are resting on my face and he's rubbing her belly. She also keeps trying to groom me, licking my face and hands. Is anyone else's cat like this or has mine gone completely mad? :(

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat is 2 and a half years old.
In the last couple of weeks she's turned into this clingy cat who constantly meows and purrs. But, only after 5pm. That's when both my partner and I are home together.
At first I just thought she was maturing into a loving cat as from the day we got her she was very anti social and would bite a lot.
I spend most my days at home with her and forget she's even here but as soon as my partner arrives home she goes onto our bed and cries for us to come in and lay down with her. She's not happy until her paws are resting on my face and he's rubbing her belly. She also keeps trying to groom me, licking my face and hands. Is anyone else's cat like this or has mine gone completely mad?
First off, is she fixed?  If not, she could be in heat.  It is unhealthy to keep them in tact.  So make an appointment asap to have her spayed if she is not already.  Cats can become more loving as they age and mellow out.  It's not unusual.  However, such a radical change is unusual.  Is she running a temp?  Does she seem upset of anxious?  Something may have happened, no matter how minute to you, that has upset her.  Perhaps there are cats or other animals outside that are marking their territory and therefore bullying her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jekyllsmummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she is fixed. She isn't running a temp and the only time she seems upset is when I try to get her to sleep in her own bed which is right by ours. She's mostly an inside cat, I try to let her outside daily for about half an hour but there's no cats around unless of course strays come through the night. Apart from that she prefers the comfort of her window ledge. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow to have a check up.