Success introducing kitten to our cat!

Doody

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to follow up from a few months ago. Daughter rescued an 8 week old female kitten from a bad situation. We already had a 2 1/2 year old female in the home. They are happily coexisting now, and they play hard! We kept them separated until the kitten was combo tested, then we did about a week of room swapping, then a week of letting them see each other through the glass French doors. Once they were face to face, there was a lot of growling from the big cat, but we did the "every time this kitten is near me, I get a ton of treats" method. Thank goodness for those gross squeezy tuna licker treats! Every few days, the growling got less and less. Now they will actually touch noses, and it is the cutest thing when they chase eachother around the house; I really get a kick out of it when the little one chases the big one, because you know for sure that is pure play. If they ever actually cuddle up together, I will cry tears of joy. Thanks for the great advice and reassurance I got on here.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful. It usually works out but taking it slow and giving each time to adjust as you did is the best route to friendship.

Tibbs&Olive

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It will happen! They will be best friends and will cuddle and groom each other lol Good on you for being patient and giving them time to get used to each other.