sub sandwiches

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AP,

I'll fess up since I started the thread! I got one a few hours before starting this thread!

I like to make my own subs, too: poppy seed or sesame seed buns; ham, turkey/chicken, pickles, mayo, mustard, and cheese.

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by alicat613

Normally, we make our subs at home. We call them 'big sammiches'. For each sandwich, we get a loaf of french or sourdough bread, the soft kind. We like the Safeway kind they make fresh and hot! Then you layer it with mayo, horseradish, salt, fresh ground pepper, thin sliced Roma tomatoes, and La Taglia roast beef rare made from New York Strip steak. mmmmm! Each sandwich is like 3 meals! :tounge2:
OMG I left out the most important ingredient!!!
Red onions sliced and carmelized in the broiler with a little butter, a touch of soy and a sprinkling of seasoning salt. What was I thinking?

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just made the SO a sandwich.

I buy the big deli kaiser rolls, cut in half,
toast the thin bottom,
'gut' the top 'lid' so it makes a hollow dome, so when you put the sandwich together it's not 2 straight lids of bread that forces the filling out when you bite it.

I layer meat and cheese. Usually whatever is on sale (he's not picky)So today it was sliced chicken, swiss, chicken, american, ham, american, ham, american. Then I microwave that for about 30 seconds till the meat is warm and the cheese is melted.

I put mayo and tomato on the bottom bun, mustard on the top. then I put it all together. The sandwich is compact because I take out the extra bread in the 'dome' top half of the sandwich.

I served it with baby carrots and parmesan romano dressing for dipping. He's in heaven

debbiea

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love Sub sandwiches...our whole family likes Subway....usually clubs on wheat with everything but the hot peppers..

Airprincess, what delicious-sounding sandwich!!! I will have to remember to "gut" my home-made ones also!! as we like to pile on the fixin's