Sturdiest cat trees for over-exuberant cats

teamcarp33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!

I've been so wishy washy about buying a cat tree, but I think I'm ready to commit. I foster cats, and have a few of my own. They are generally pretty darn playful, as most of them are young adults/teenaged kittens not yet adopted from this past kitten season. Right now they have one of those 40 dollar floor to ceiling poles with 4 perches from walmart, the kind that screws together. They run full-speed through the kitchen and launch themselves onto it. After about 4 months of heavy use, it was bent into a c-shape, and most of the threaded connector pieces fell out. Someone gave me an identical used one, so I was able to use pieces to repair it for a little while. Annnnyway, I would like to buy a larger, real, super-fun cat tree for Christmas, but I am having the worst time deciding which one would be able to withstand all the abuse it will get here. Any ideas? 

yayhappens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had been looking that the really tall one they have there at WalMart. I have to ask, are the perches on them big enough for adult cats? The photo seems to show they would do well for kittens or adolescents.

I am new to the forum and unsure about the ok-ness about posting links, but the site I went to and found a good, sturdy tree from is from Armarkat after researching a bunch. (The one I am using is model B5701.) The Armarkat brand trees are sold via their own company website, also on Amazon and other sites and I have seen my exact cat tree under the PetCo brand name. A lot of people tell me they have the same cat tree when they see photos. The cats (and me) have really liked it so far!

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two of these.   Very popular and well reviewed on Amazon as you can see, and search the forum and you'll see there are quite a few forum members with the Amarkat as well:

Mine are both placed in corners though, so that when they run at it top speed, its braced up against a wall just for extra peace of mind.

Last edited: