Strongid T Dewormer Dosage?

Auzora

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. New here! Just a quick question about deworming. I recently got some from the vet-- Strongid T Oral Suspension-- and the dosage has me confused and I'm wondering if it's normal. The label says 2ml per 10lbs every three months. That's it. Every dewormer I've heard about requires another dosage in a few weeks to kill off the eggs. I questioned the vet but she said every three months is fine and cats only need one dose, not multiple. I really like our vet and definitely think she knows her stuff, but I'm not convinced about this particular thing due to what I've heard about deworming everywhere else. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I thought the same as you, but I've never used Strongid-T. Did you try calling the manufacturer?

Maybe someone else will come along here who has actually used this particular dewormer.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Auzora

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry guys, didn't see I had replies. Thanks mrsgreenjeens mrsgreenjeens and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . I'll contact the manufacturer through the link provided and see what they say. 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , the other two links you provided deals in milligrams, and the label on mine says millilitres. I tried Googling the conversion but it's very unclear. Are you able to help with that? Also, my Strongid T is a liquid, not a paste. Not sure if that would make a difference in strength of the medication, dosage, etc.

I also found another forum post on Cat Forum where someone seemed to have the same issue as me with what their vet told them. I'm unable to post the link (due to it apparently being spam-like *eye roll*), but you can find it by typing "cat forum one dose of strongid enough for cats?" into Google and it should be right at the top. The replies to the post vary.

It's weird that there's a tiny amount of vets who say cats only need one dose, when there's not any research backing them up (from what I could tell, anyway). I just obviously don't want to make my cats sick by not following the vet's directions. If she's wrong, she's wrong, but I want to be 110% sure before I give my cats more medication than she said to.

Lastly, is there more than one manufacturer for Strongid? When I Googled it, Pfizer was everywhere, whereas Zoetis only had one link to their name.

Last edited: