Strong Willed Whiner

catguy81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love Reggie in a deep way, but he's driving me to the edge. He's a very vocal fixed 2 year old who eats regularly, has fresh water and litter, goes outside every day, gets exercise and plenty of attention and affection. He also has a live-in cat buddy in Oscar who he gets along with.

When I let him inside after an hour of running around, he'll start whining to get out within minutes. When I get in bed at night, it's like clockwork, he'll refuse to cuddle and he'll whine and cry at the side of my bed. I have a 3 seasons porch that i've been banishing him to, but he seems to like it there. I have a litter box and water out there, and a climbing thing that he likes to chill out on top of.

Sometimes if I get up to pee, i'll let him back inside, but as soon as I'm back in bed, he'll stand right next to my bed and whine in an almost maniacal way. It's bloody torture.

He is incredibly affectionate most other times, even though he will cry/whine sometimes during the day as well. I've had him checked by the vet and he's healthy. I rescued him from a shelter, and he didn't seem traumatized, and I'm treating him really well, providing everything.

I'm at the point where I want to find him a new home. Anyone here in Maine want a beautiful but strong willed boy cat? He might do better with a larger family.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Can you put in a cat door so he can get out to the patio when he wants?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catguy81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, but I leave the door open to it alot. He's out there now, whining.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's out on the porch whining? What do you think he's whining about? Maybe we can figure this out...

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you hit on the head when you started your post - he is a very vocal cat. Some like him just have a lot to say all the time. It isn't whining, it is just talking about everything. If he bothers you at night but is happy on the porch, then leave him there. If it is too cold out there then maybe you can lock him out of your room. Vocal cats do take some getting used too and it does drive you crazy some time but I hope that you can adjust rather than re home him.