Stressed or something else?

Livndedgirl

Lulu
Young Cat
Purraise
I've noticed my female cat Lulu has been behaving a bit differently the last week. I should say that last weekend I moved the bedroom furniture around. moved the bed across room to other wall and moved chest of drawers to other wall. everything else has stayed the same, including all of Lu's things. Also, I have not been feeling the greatest, I am having knee replacement surgery next week so I've been stressed myself! I've been more lazy because it's very hard for me to do alot with my knees hurting me so much. So I'm wondering if Lu is stressed due to the furniture being moved about or is she picking up on my anxiety? She seems almost confused. I noticed her pacing the other day, walking from room to room. I have only seen her do this once before when there was a mouse in the house! She also seems anxious, unable to rest for long periods. She will just sit and stare off. She seems almost uncomfortable she's hesitant to do things she would normally do. She is eating well. The other day she had a softer bowel movement. She seems to want to play a bit. she is not a big play with anything cat. She will typically only play if I'm playing with her. Also, there has been 2 or 3 times now, in the morning she will lick my face, alot. She's never done that before. Any ideas?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi .can you try Cat Music for her? Some cats are easily discombobulated when furniture is moved, and I'm sure she is very aware of your stress :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Livndedgirl

Lulu
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi .can you try Cat Music for her? Some cats are easily discombobulated when furniture is moved, and I'm sure she is very aware of your stress :)
Hi!
yes, I've tried music but that actually gets her excited. I'm currently using some feliaway spray but that seems to only work for about half an hour.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are a lot of varieties, Spotify has harp music for cats. There's RelaxMyCat and Music for cats too :)

There are other calming products as well, including treats and even collars. Hang in there!