Stressed After Moving

MiniPiemar

Charlie's Human
Kitten
Purraise
My family and I just moved from a calm environment in Virginia. There was very little noise and excitement in the environment.
We moved in with our family up into Lowell, Massachusetts. Into the middle of a city. On a main street to downtown.
Not only is there a ton of noise, but there are two HUGE cats that already live here.
My baby was a single pet, and he's been super scared. He doesn't like the litter box, since he has to share with two new cats.
I'm also having a hard time with the move, and in the new environment, I keep forgetting to feed him breakfast.
This morning I woke up with cat pee 3 inches from my face.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MiniPiemar

Charlie's Human
Kitten
Purraise
When we lived in Virginia, we had a schedule going everyday. I'd wake up, ask him if he's hungry, and then let him out of my room for breakfast.
The litter box was in my room, where he stayed at night.
In the new house, he won't respond as excited when I ask him if he's hungry. He eats slower, hides more, and no longer does the tricks I taught him in VA.
He is a destructive cat, I'm used to that, but he's been extremely over the top over the past couple weeks.
He still comforts me when I need it, but he's a lot more scared. He's been shedding a lot more, which I can assume is stress.

I guess the question is, are there any home remedies, or should I take him to the vet, or is he fine?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three cats sharing one litter box is a recipe for disaster. What is his set up in the new place. Do you have a room where he can be without other cats?

MiniPiemar

Charlie's Human
Kitten
Purraise
Nemo and Tiger (the two big cats) usually stay downstairs, where the resources such as the litter box, food, and water are. Charlie (mine) tries to stay upstairs where me and two other girls sleep.
Since they don't have a proper AC unit, we have to keep the doors closed to preserve the temperature. My guess is he waited too long to pee and ended up thinking it was MY fault.

Either way, I'm upset about the litter box situation too. I'll upload a picture of what's going on with that

MiniPiemar

Charlie's Human
Kitten
Purraise
15322313112451645992777.jpg
it's gross, but it's all we can do for now. My mom said we can buy a special box to put in our room.

MiniPiemar

Charlie's Human
Kitten
Purraise
In the meantime, how should I deal with his behavior? He seems somewhat depressed and/or super stressed out. Should I leave him alone or give him more attention?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of his stress will be coming from all the new experiences, people, and cats. Its a lot for him to deal with all at once. It would be good if he could just stay in one room with food, water, and litter box, to give him a chance to adjust, but it doesn't sound like that is possible.

MiniPiemar

Charlie's Human
Kitten
Purraise
He definitely tries to stay in one room. The only problem is the litter box. I'm planning on buying him a new one with a cover.

Any ideas on preventing litter tracking? He has a kicking problem.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have litter box cabinets that make litter tracking almost impossible. Not sure how else to prevent it. Once you can get another litter box, I would let him stay in one room as he adjusts.

MiniPiemar

Charlie's Human
Kitten
Purraise
I'll talk with the family about this. Thanks for helping out!