Stress Licking

Raevyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HI Everyone,

My next door neighbors cat has been stress licking her poor little legs. I was out there yesterday and she has almost stripped both her legs bare. I feel so bad for the poor girl. She is a rescue, her owner found her years ago living outside with her 5 kittens. they adopted her and her kittens, found the babies homes and kept mamma. For the first couple years we lived here, the neighbor didn't work she was home all day everyday. Now in the past few years shes been back to work full time and she says her cat has been experiencing separation anxiety. Not sure how long its been going on, we have just noticed it this summer and asked about it. The neighbor picked her up and showed us shes even been licking her belly bare :( I gave her some catnip out of my garden yesterday because that helps calm them down but is there anything else than can be done to help her out? not sure what the neighbor has tried already, we don't see each other everyday.

thanks

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has your neighbor taken the cat to a vet for a full check up? If not, that's the first thign that should be done. A vet can determine if it is separation anxiety and how best to treat it or maybe determine the excessive licking is caused by something else.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Raevyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been meaning to ask her that but I suspect she might have. I don't see her everyday but we see kitty daily. I can't tell of its getting worse or not but I feel like it just started happening recently. Poor baby