Street Cat A Russian Blue?

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I rescued this sweety off the street....Daisy. My husband is convinced she is a Russian Blue. She is very mild mannered for a kitten, which i believe is a Russian Blue trait

20171224_230237.jpg
20171114_103754.jpg

maryah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's adorable! I did a little reading up on this when I adopted Rani (picture to left) almost a year ago. She had also been rescued off the street at a few months of age. I learned at the time that true Russian Blue purebreds have green eyes (Rani's are gold) and there are a few other characteristics that are telling, such as the color of their paw pads. So I was happy to decide mine was a blue DSH, or as solid-grey non-purebred cats are sometimes called in a tongue-in-cheek manner, a Maltese.

I'm sure the experts here will weigh in on yours. Her eyes do appear green in the photo... do I see some tabby shadows in her coloring? At any rate, she's lovely, and very lucky you found her!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She does have that look to her, with her medium-wedge shaped head, lean body, and shimmering blue fur. You’re right that Russian Blues are generally calm cats, but they can be active too! RBs have green eyes, does Daisy?

Without papers or a DNA test, she would be considered a blue Domestic Shorthair. Blue cats of indeterminate breed can also be called Maltese cats. She’s a very sweet kitten!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's adorable! I did a little reading up on this when I adopted Rani (picture to left) almost a year ago. She had also been rescued off the street at a few months of age. I learned at the time that true Russian Blue purebreds have green eyes (Rani's are gold) and there are a few other characteristics that are telling, such as the color of their paw pads. So I was happy to decide mine was a blue DSH, or as solid-grey non-purebred cats are sometimes called in a tongue-in-cheek manner, a Maltese.

I'm sure the experts here will weigh in on yours. Her eyes do appear green in the photo... do I see some tabby shadows in her coloring? At any rate, she's lovely, and very lucky you found her!
Her eyes are kind of a yellow green...and hubby just noticed the tabby stripes, today

She is a little doll..yours, as well@ The grey color is very pretty

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She does have that look to her, with her medium-wedge shaped head, lean body, and shimmering blue fur. You’re right that Russian Blues are generally calm cats, but they can be active too! RBs have green eyes, does Daisy?

Without papers or a DNA test, she would be considered a blue Domestic Shorthair. Blue cats of indeterminate breed can also be called Maltese cats. She’s a very sweet kitten!
Thank you! She gave our other SIX cats ringworm!!! But 3 weeks of sporanox and anti fungal cream and everyone is looking better

When i rescued her i immediately gave her a couple of Dawn dish soap flea baths and had her tested for fiv and feline leukemia.

I never even thought of ringworm!! But we love her, regardless

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looks like she has lovely silver tipped fur - and RB can have 'ghost stripes' my Niki's are slowly disapperaing after 12 months. Apart from green eyes a couple of other tell tale RB traits are mauve paw pads and the flat nose profile. Below are a couple of shots of Niki (a little younger than she is now - except the last shot was today when she was having an ear rub lol - her nose has gotten 'straighter' at 12 months). Beautiful sweet looking kitten regardless, I love blue/grey cats
View media item 419297View media item 419532View media item 420486

Last edited:

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looks like she has lovely silver tipped fur - and RB can have 'ghost stripes' my Niki's are slowly disapperaing after 12 months. Apart from green eyes a couple of other tell tale RB traits are mauve paw pads and the flat nose profile. Below are a couple of shots of Niki (a little younger than she is now - except the last shot was today when she was having an ear rub lol - her nose has gotten 'straighter' at 12 months). Beautiful sweet looking kitten regardless, I love blue/grey cats
View media item 419297View media item 419532View media item 420486
That face! So regal!

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha and she knows it - sits around all day just looking 'regal' - then she gets up on the table and pushes everything off ... in a very annoyingly regal manner lol
Hahaha..