Stray kitten may have rabies help plz

rubbermeal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
when i went to the market when i was going back i found a kitten she wasnt scared like AT ALL i brought here to my backyard i just fed her and stuff and 1 day i started playing with him with my hands so he become a little aggerisive and bit me a little too hard and it got into my skin buy only a little blood has came out she bit me after i had him for like 7 days now i have him for like 3 weeks and no symptoms of rabies 

may he have rabies and how do  i know . btw he didnt eat for 4 days then he threw up white vommit after he threw up he started eating normaly plz help. This is the first time i handle a cat btw

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
White vomit is not uncommon in cats. It can happen when the cat has an upset stomach and no food in them or when they have a hairball. Its good to hear that the kitty is eating and hopefully you are feeding it a good diet. You want to stay away from milk.

The chances of your kitty having rabies is very very little (unless Rabies is a common problem in your area, but even then it is pretty low). You don't mention where you are from, but the rabies vaccine is usually fairly inexpensive to get and if your new kitties best protection against rabies. You can also get the kitty tested at the vet for your own peace of mind.

You should probably find a local vet or humane society and take the kitty in for a basic check up and shots. Depending on your area you may be able to find a shot clinic and get all the basic vaccines for low cost. You also should get the kitty spayed or neutered to prevent unwanted litters. 

Congratulations on your new addition and please don't hesitate to ask any questions. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubbermeal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thx for replaying fast. i live in saudi arabia btw idk if its common here.what can cause sneezing i he is sneezing so much.And could he be a leftover of someone that doesnot want to take care of any more cats because he wasnt scared AT ALL.

rubbermeal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
wt*i just heard him mewing and his tail was like idk the hair on it was spread and so much how could  i know if someone is hurting him (my nieghbors)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he has rabies he will be dead within 10 days. So if he dies mysteriously in the next 10 days you should definitely get rabies shots. If he stays alive you're safe :D. You should also get the kitty a rabies shot so you don't have to worry.

Is it possible to keep him indoors? There are a lot of dangers outside, especially if you think your neighbor hurts cats. If you talk to your neighbor and tell them the kitty is your pet, will they be nicer to him?

rubbermeal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here my neighbors are above us the renter is my dad's friend but his kids are dumb and so we share the backyard. I already had him for 3 weeks and I heard u must get shots as soon as possible and it has been like 2 weeks since he bit if had rabies I think he would of already died the I didn't know that he will die in 10 days if he had rabies. The problem is that my dad thinks his hair can get in my lungs and hurt me. BTW I know it's a myth but be is not believing and be said that u can have problems having kids if u had a cat

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here my neighbors are above us the renter is my dad's friend but his kids are dumb and so we share the backyard. I already had him for 3 weeks and I heard u must get shots as soon as possible and it has been like 2 weeks since he bit if had rabies I think he would of already died the I didn't know that he will die in 10 days if he had rabies. The problem is that my dad thinks his hair can get in my lungs and hurt me. BTW I know it's a myth but be is not believing and be said that u can have problems having kids if u had a cat
How old is the kitten?

It does not sound like he has rabies. He will still need the rabies vaccine himself, though. He will also need the full kitten series.

He also needs to be neutered.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you bring him to live inside your home? It would be safer and healthier.

He needs vaccines and neutering, and sounds healthy otherwise. A cat meows and puts its fur up when it feels frightened.

How often do you feed him? Kittens need to eat 4-6 times a day - both wet food and dry food.

Can you find someone who can give him a proper forever home as an inside cat? That would be best!

We would love to see a picture of him in the meantime!

rubbermeal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No but our  back yard is roofed and fully closed and big 

i cant vaccine him and neuter if its expenisive i  feed him 3-4 times a day but can u tell me how much he must eat cause i think he is eating a little too much  and i give him both dry and wet food yes i know someone that has 11 cats and 2 kittens but idk if he can take anymore .

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OMG! He is a doll. 

It sounds like you are doing the best you can in the situation. If you can afford to, I would get the rabies vaccine first since it is a concern and a neuter second. Neutering will help prevent spraying and (hopefully) keep him from getting into fights with other males over females. Both effects are desirable in him staying healthy and your family being accepting of him.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He must continue to eat 4 times a day. Kittens grow fast and they need all the food they can eat. It's not too much at all! All kittens eat a lot. He's adorable! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

rubbermeal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey is it normal that only his heads hair is spoofed up or will he spoof up when he will grow up. i will try to give him cat flu vaccine and rabies  vaaccine asap

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

hey is it normal that only his heads hair is spoofed up or will he spoof up when he will grow up. i will try to give him cat flu vaccine and rabies  vaaccine asap
It's normal for cats to poof their hair up when they are scared. Kittens often do this when they are playing so they can look bigger to their "prey" or whoever they are playing with.

I suggest you contact a vet in your country and find out how much it costs to have your kitten vaccinated and neutered. Here's one I found online.

http://www.adpetclinic.com/

They might make it a little cheaper for you if you explain that this is an abandoned kitten you are trying to help. They might be able to tell you where you can get cheaper veterinary care if they are too expensive.

Please keep us updated. He's an adorable kitten.