Stray kitten died in yard:(

Charity355

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone I took in and kept a kitten who obviously needed veterinarian attention and a few weeks later another kitten that looked about the same size color and everything showed up so I believe they were siblings. Since I feed the stray cats of my neighborhood and was not able to bring in this new kitten, I began to feed this one as well. Unfortunately I went outside this morning to feed them and the kitten was lying on its side not moving in my yard. This kitten seemed to be fine the whole time I had been feeding it and just seemed so sudden:( I haven’t gotten a good look at it because I am waiting for someone to come home and help but it’s fur looked different from where I was at. I just don’t know what happened if it got attacked by another cat maybe or dog? , or just had something wrong. I feel terrible that I didn’t take it in unlike the other and that this baby was by itself. I am a huge animal lover and anything like this just hurts my heart.
69F468AD-2498-437C-A9A8-CFFB072AFF38.jpeg
118D5211-E0B9-415A-AB2A-C7C25C1AD104.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Charity355

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also would it be okay to bury the kitten in my yard? I am worried if it passed because it was sick that it can spread to other animals?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So sorry this happened. Did you get a chance to look closer to see if it had gotten wounded? I don't know about burying it in your yard. The link below is a listing by state of ordinances regarding burying a pet on one's yard, along with other helpful tips. Some specify the depth at which to bury, and others state cremation should happen first if disease is an issue.

Again, so sorry about this poor little kitty.
State By State Laws Of Burying Pets In The Backyard (nursingpets.com)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Charity355

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry this happened. Did you get a chance to look closer to see if it had gotten wounded? I don't know about burying it in your yard. The link below is a listing by state of ordinances regarding burying a pet on one's yard, along with other helpful tips. Some specify the depth at which to bury, and others state cremation should happen first if disease is an issue.

Again, so sorry about this poor little kitty.
State By State Laws Of Burying Pets In The Backyard (nursingpets.com)
Thankyou for your help. I wanted to give a little update. We did not physically see anything so I have no idea what happened. It was a hard thing to do but we did end up burying the little kitten in the yard.