Stray (?) dilemma, won't leave

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

You'd better get back in touch with them right away -- I wouldn't rely on anybody over there remembering to call you. If they get crowded, the kitty could be sent for euthanasia with no notice at all...
If you don't call, they may very well take it as a sign that you've lost interest in the cat!!!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

She's at Jefferson County. When I spoke with them last, they said she doesn't have rabies, she is doing fine and is going up for adoption. I told them to call me if she wasn't adopted and I haven't heard from them since. That was about a week or two ago.
Not to scare you...but I remember a post from a woman on Petfinder who found a dog and took it to the local shelter. She stated she wanted to take the dog back if it was not adopted or rescued. She called every day and for the first few days she was told that the dog would be taken by a rescue....after a week, she decided to go to the shelter and was told that the dog had been euthanized that morning. She was absolutely devistated. Make sure you stay on top of this one to ensure they do find her a home.

Katie