Stray cat

mackenzie tew

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys I recently was walking with my son this after noon and this young female cat followed me all the way home! I’m distraught because I took her in thinking she was hungry and thirsty and now she doesn’t want to leave. Her belly looks like she recently had kittens her nipples are all producing milk but she doesn’t seem bothered to go outside at all. I’m so scared she had kittens and abandoned them. When I took her outside to where she was found I tried to see if she would look for her babies and she didn’t care at all she just wanted me to be with her. What do I do! How do I know if she has had her babies or is about to. She is back in my house and seems so unbothered and just wants to cuddle all the time. I couldn’t forgive myself if I knew there were babies out there. Her belly isn’t hard but I also don’t know what to look for please help

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi guys I recently was walking with my son this after noon and this young female cat followed me all the way home! I’m distraught because I took her in thinking she was hungry and thirsty and now she doesn’t want to leave. Her belly looks like she recently had kittens her nipples are all producing milk but she doesn’t seem bothered to go outside at all. I’m so scared she had kittens and abandoned them. When I took her outside to where she was found I tried to see if she would look for her babies and she didn’t care at all she just wanted me to be with her. What do I do! How do I know if she has had her babies or is about to. She is back in my house and seems so unbothered and just wants to cuddle all the time. I couldn’t forgive myself if I knew there were babies out there. Her belly isn’t hard but I also don’t know what to look for please help
Tx a lot for you care and rescue of this cat!!!

With milk coming in you should be able to feel the kittens move, if there are any... The most probable is, she got dumped. Either without her kittens, or she lost her kittens.... And is now desperate to find a caring human and a home. Which it seems she found.

If you do feel unsafe, you can try with following her out, and try to walk her to her babies, talking encouragingly... If kittens are alive hiding somewhere, she may perhaps led you to them. One of my coworkers did exactly this... Apparently there become a communication soul to soul, and that semiferal understood co-worker meant well...

Otherwise... Please take care of her. Or at very least, find her someone else whom does.

IF you think she didnt abandoned her babies but they were taken from her this way or another,
you can also try and get some kittens to foster for her. If you so wish.
Contact vets and shelters around...

Otherwise, just plan for a spaying soon, the vet will also check her out at the same occasion.

Tx again for helping her, and please keep us connected.

Big hugs!