Stray Cat Who Is Pregnant But Also Showing Symptoms Of Heat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

charcoal2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I woke up this morning and she no longer looks or feels pregnant. I've looked around the whole room and in all of the hiding spots but there are no signs of kittens and nothing looks like it has been sucking off of her. She also still doesn't have any milk and there is no discharge... Thoughts?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How unusual. You need to get her vet checked. An ultrasound or x-ray can confirm what is going on. If there is no pregnancy, I would go ahead and spay her.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it possible that the kittens have dropped? Do you see them lower down between her legs?

charcoal2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have an appointment that is made for Thursday, do you think I could just get her checked then? Yes I am planning on having her spayed the second she can be. It might be possible that they dropped, how long on average would it be until she gave birth then? talkingpeanut talkingpeanut Sarthur2 Sarthur2

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It could be a few days. Getting her checked Thursday is a good idea.

Can you post a new picture of her?

charcoal2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry, it was a busy day today. I will post pics tomorrow from above. I have the advantage II on both of them and the tapeworm specific de-wormer tablets will be here early next week. I'm starting to think the vets diagnosis was wrong with the kittens as I noticed today that I don't think she has grown... I guess we will find out Thursday. Thank you especially Sarthur2 Sarthur2 for all of your help, I can't thank you enough, you are doing great things with your endless amount of knowledge!!! You are a blessing

charcoal2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel HORRIBLE!!!!!! I had the windows open last night (with screens) and she somehow broke the screen and got out!!! I have been looking all over, I've taken the day off of work, I've locked my other animals up and opened the front door. She isn't coming to my calls or food and I don't know what to do!! Is it possible that she has already had them outside?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's impossible to know at this point. She will be more likely to show up this evening after dark for food. I hope you at least see her come to eat. Stay calm and hopeful.

You still have her kitten, right?

charcoal2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I still have her kitten, and she is going through such a rough time, pacing back and forth calling and everything. I feel so bad for the little girl. She was spayed yesterday and you wouldn't even be able to tell today! If she had them, how long would a mother cat stay with her kittens for the first time. I should have shut the window last night:argh:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They eat the placentas, so can go a day or two without a meal.

Poor kitten. I hope her mommy comes back!

charcoal2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no signs of mama. I have looked all day and can't locate her anywhere. I'm surrounded by woods and I'm starting to, regretfully, think about her being killed by one of the many predators we have around the property. I'm still holding out hope, maybe she will come back for dinner or breakfast tomorrow and I won't give up, believe me. I really hope she is just out there, somewhere safe with her new little babies...

charcoal2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good news!!! Mona has returned!!! I have her with her kitten now, just in time for the vet appointment

lea98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I couldn't help stumbling onto this thread and then getting caught up in it. I'm so glad these loving kitties have found such a caring home who will take care of them! Hope mommy and her kitten are doing well. Please let us know if she had her kittens yet! Hugs and good will to you and your kitties! :grouphug: :vibes: