Stray cat, suspect she is pregnant

Beckles723

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We brought in a stray during the snow storm and I believe she is possibly expecting.
She is mixed but has a thick longer coat. Are these pregnancy nipples? Is this considered losing hair?
I want to know asap so I can keep her inside instead of letting her back out.
Thank you so much in advance

Attachments

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you can keep her inside to be TNR or a home found whether or not she is pregnant that would be best :)

I think you'd need a vet ultrasound to know for sure. We had a cat dumped who must have been very early stages and we didn't know, and she gave birth 4 weeks later.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s difficult to say from a photo, but keep her inside for now. An x-ray at the vet will show if she’s pregnant. If she’s not, she’ll need spaying soon and hopefully you can find a forever home for her.

Thank you for bringing her in!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Beckles723

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm certain she'll hold off til 63-65 days as she's had no loss of mucus plug, no signs of softening and elongating vulva. Stools and eating are both still normal, doesn't appear to have "dropped", babies seem slower moving in belly today, but may be sleeping.
She nests everyday around 3 pm, and seems to have warm up contractions in the evenings but just warming up nothing else visible to the eye.

Feral male from the woods got to her. He was orange but he stayed far away from the house so unsure on if he was tabby.

Any guesses on colors? Or delivery date?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is this the stray you brought in during January?

How do you know she’s 58 days? Have you had an X-ray done?

Most cats give birth between 63-68 days along, which allows the kittens to fully develop. Preemie kittens do not fare well. It does not sound like she’s ready yet — perhaps another 7-10 days?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Beckles723

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is! She was/is with babies. She has been to the vet and had x-rays (last week) since we had no idea when she mated and had to wait til she was far enough along for the x-rays They estimated 58 and have said around the 9th of March which is another week, as you've said. Expecting 4