Stray cat has been removed, will my good kitty get back to normal?

tickledpickle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had my kitty for 6 months now.  She’s an indoor cat only.  She came with a history of urinating in her previous home where there were multiple cats.  She never had any litter box issues in my house, until I moved.  I have been at my new house for 2 months now and recently noticed that the cat has been peeing on my bathroom rug, same rug I had in the former house and she never touched it there.  She still uses her litter box.  New house has a history with pet urine problems.  Carpets were replaced in this new house and I had laminate floors installed.  The house does not smell like cat pee, with the exception of one corner by the front door which I discovered a couple of days ago.  I understand that my cat went through a move, put in a strange house with strange smell and clutter everywhere until I organized it all, and it took a while.  To add to it, the former owner left one of her cats behind, threw it outside and refused to come back to get her.  I took my cat to the vet, no health issues.  Vet said it must be behavioral and I have to get rid of the stray cat who used to live in the house.  I did that, cat is gone.  There’s a neighborhood cat who comes around but vet said that neighborhood cats shouldn’t be an issue but that for sure the cat who used to live there would be a problem.

How do I help my cat overcome all this change and the threat that she potentially felt coming from the stray cat?  Is it true that neighborhood cats will not affect her through doors/windows?

My uv light will be arriving soon and I’ll make sure to treat any leftover soiled areas.  I keep her box clean and tried to make her space as friendly as possible.  I’ve gotten some good tips from the vet as well from this site, but I wonder if there’s more that I can do.  I’m afraid that she’ll permanently slip into her old habits from her old home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tickledpickle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I will leave no trace!  Thanks!  Purchased Nature's Miracle but been reading up on another one frequently mentioned on this site - Icky Poo, I believe.  I'll do whatever it takes ...