Stray Cat Gave Birth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vanellym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update : Mom got spayed ! She seems so tired ( I just got her back she got spayed 2 days ago!) and won’t let her kittens get close to her wish is sad because her and AV were like magnets. I might have to seperate them at night since I don’t want them to bother her or for her to lash out on her kittens. Hoping for a speedy safe recovery.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!

Thanks so much for the update!!
Are the kittens eating ok?
Did you ever determine what that odd colored orangish leak was?

vanellym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes! The kittens are eating and have all their shots and are healthy !!! I was never able to determine what it was but it has gone away since the last post I posted. The kittens are growing so big! They are finally officially with PetsAlive ( a rescue) so I don’t feel so alone doing everything.

Right now I have to prepare to give the mom some meds! I’m so nervous!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Take some more pics of the kittens please.

vanellym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here’s some! I’ll be trying to recreate the baby pictures I took of them...but all the do is play and play! And sleep .. that’s when I get the most photos!

I also do have an IG made for the kittens ( along with other cats I meet ) @catsofvm! Check it out ♥

Attachments

vanellym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful! I love coming home and seeing all the kittens.

The meds went surprisingly easy. Took no more than 5 minutes the first day , they are just in the dropper method so it’s really easy ( after my nervousness went away) . She’s eating more now and the kittens are letting her rest , they stopped the hissing and sleep together occasionally but through the day they don’t seem to bother her at all.

vanellym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update:
So mom cat has been confusing me this week! Her recovery was going great and she was very easy to give meds to but now her incesion is being weird. I’ve texted my rescue group photos and asked if she was fine since I don’t have their vets #. It dosent smell and she countines to act normal ( except no more purring since ) but her incesion keeps changing each day. She told me she was fine ( well I just texted them today’s update so she hasent actually said anything about the last photo yet )but ahhhh i’m just not good at post-surgeries and it’s my first time ever caring for a spayed cat!

There’s photos in chronological order atatched ( except for when she first came home since it won’t let me upload it but there was no blood or any of the stuff she has now)

Attachments

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
I am late to the party since I only recently signed up here but what a wonderful story you have to tell :) I can’t believe you found the kitties in a car with a broken window.

The spay area looks fine, what makes you worried? I don’t see any infected oozing. It will naturally take a few weeks to fully heal.

vanellym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Welcome to the site

Yes , the spay area is fine especially since there’s no discharge and smell going on but I’m a person that worries A LOT and rant about it a lot as well.

I think because I read that if it opens her organs can literally come out, I don’t actaully know if that’s a myth or not but ahh just the thought of it makes me worried sick!

I’m a little dramatic when it comes to sickness and surgeries I suppose meanwhile mom cat ( Agatha ) is as relaxed as she ever been and is even more playful now!

vanellym

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
AGATHA ( MOM ) GOT ADOPTED.

She will be leaving to San Antonio’s tommorow morning ... I am so happy and not going to lie , my eyes got teary. I will miss her seeing her everyday but I’m so happy she has found a furever home. She was a wonderful cat that never even scratched and only knew purring! Even though lazy , she was such a good mom to the kittens and I loved every single second I got to enjoy with her. Ah!!!! I can’t wait for her to adjust to a whole new environment and get an update on how she is going. Will be posting any photos sent to me here tmmrw !! I’m so nervous , sad , and happy!!!! I love her so much and it’s always bittersweet saying goodbye

I wonder how long she will remember me before she forgets my scent ... I’m trying to figure out her favorite thing out of my room ( other than my bed ) to have her take.