Strangely colored feral kitten

graywing

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get a good picture of her yet because she's rather timid about things like cameras/phones.  But anyway I've been caring for a feral kitten that's about five months old now that at first I thought was solid black.  She had a bit of a rusty brown appearance as well but I attributed that to the malnutrition she was suffering from.  Her sister that I tamed is blue and had the same thing.  They've been recovering nicely and putting on more weight.  The rusty color is disappearing on both.

However, while recently playing with the more feral sister (I can play with long toys but not touch her), she reared back to swat at it and I saw her belly was silvery looking.  I just didn't quite expect that.  And in the days since I've noticed that her pantaloons are much the same coloration and she might be having more silver creep into her coat. 

(Btw, she will get TNR'd probably next week or the week after.)

Anyway, sorry for the lack of pictures but I was wondering if anyone might know what's going on with her?  I know the blue one is a medium hair with the fur between her toes.  It's kinda hard to get a good look at the black one but she is getting a bushier tail.  It's kinda amazing how different kittens can look when they're not starving.  Or maybe it's just that their coats are still developing?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nobody can help you without pictures of the cats. Sorry. Maybe you can catch them asleep.