Strange Things Cats Do

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m guessing I’m not the only one living with cats who do some weird or funny stuff from time to time? What are the things your cat do that puzzle you? :)

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I thought about this I realized a LOT of weird things happen in the bathroom.:p
For instance, when I'm on the toilet, Sunshine likes to jump in the bathtub and sort of sling herself against the back of it so she rolls down into the bottom over and over and over...Buddy thinks this is the best time to jump up on my shoulder to just hang out, meanwhile Spike is trying to crawl in my pants. It's always a bit of a circus when I have to pee.:lol:
Buddy also always joins me in the shower every time. He doesn't play with the water or anything, he just sits in the corner and waits until I'm done and follows me back out.
And (FINALLY) one not bathroom related. Sam has to lay completely across my waist like a kitty belt and nurse on his favorite blanky. I have tried to move the blanket, but he gets upset and won't settle down. He has to be able to lay across me.:crazy:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
weebeasties weebeasties that’s amazing! :lol: Cats are not good on privacy!

Here are a few of mine:

- Medusa, our adult female, seems to think anything with wings should die. That’s bad new for the birds, but also anything else with wings. She spends a lot of time at my mum, and my mum really like angels. Medusa does not. So thank to our little queen, my mum now has a collection of angels without wings. She will knock them over, and not leave them alone until they are broken or have lost the wings. Unless it is a crow walking into our home, then the three adult cat will just sit there and watch it. Even If the bird starts eating their food.

- Pan knows very well he is not supposed to use his claws on furniture, walls and so on, but every now and then, he gives in and goes crazy. Is someone walks in while he is having his clawfest, he will get stressed out and get stuck. And then he’ll start purring, while working hard to get his claws out. He also gets stuck on things he is allowed to schratch.

- Both Pan and Medusa knows how to open doors. They are especially good at opening doors they are not supposed to open. Unless there is a human close by, and they are allowed to open the door. Then they turn into helpless kittens and need humans to open the door.

- Lillegutt started knocking on doors to show us he wants to go outside. Since that worked, he’ll now knock anything he can get his paws on to get attention.

- Both Pan and Medusa loves to go on walkes with humans. Medusa is OK, but we can’t do it with Pan. He goes into protector-mode, and will hiss and growl to anyone trying to walk past us. Yes, it looks really stupid, with a 8 kg lump of black fur, trying to protect us against people just trying to walk past us.

- All three will eat big rats whole, but If they get a treat of meat inside, you have to cut it into baby sized pices, or they don’t know how to eat it.

- the kittens want to sleep close to me at night. Every night, I fall asleep with Sorry by my head og Nala by my feet. But I wake up with Nala by my head and Sorry by my feet. Turns out they swap back and forth several times during the night. I have no clue why.

- we have to lock Lillegutt in a room If we are making chicken. He goes crazy, will get his claws out and wrestle you for it.

- Lillegutt will jump up to our second floor balcony to get in. That workes great, for him, when we are in the TV-room by the balcony. If we are not home, he’ll be stuck there. God knows how he does it, because he is on the chubbier side.

- Pan loves giving love bites to noses and ears. Nothing else, noses and ears.

- Medusa loves my brother. Whenever he is home, she will stalk him, and cry outside the guestroom door while he sleeps. He liked it better before she went into heat (she is fixed, many years ago), because she will follow him around and put her ass in his face. He was kind of traumatized. :lol:

- Medusa will yell at you if the food goes empty, and she loves a clean litterbox. She can show no sign of needing to go, but the moment there is a fresh litterbox, she’ll be there.

- You always know when my hubby is in the bathroom, because both Lillegutt and Pan will stand guard outside.

- Kitten Nala loves herbs and flowers. She won’t eat them, just smell them and sleep in them.

- Pan has no clue how big he is. He seems to think that If he could fit somewhere as a kitten, he can fit now, 7,5 kg later. Because of that, all my flowerpots are metal.

- Medusa loves stealing food. Try to give it to her, she doesn’t want it. Let her steal it, she’ll gulp it all down.

- Medusa is a tiny girl, I’m guessing beacause I got her way too early. But she Is still the boss of the house. She’ll let the boys think they are kings, but once in a while, she’ll walk over and smack them, just to remind them who is boss. Nothing scares the boys more than Medusa being angry.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, I love these.

Gohan used to be boss of the house, but then we got Olive. He is none too pleased, and would often chase her to her safe room. Now that she has more freedom, though, he will once in a while still attack or chase, and she can get cornered. At this point, he feels he has completed his mission and wants to leave. So he walks ... so ... slowly ... away ... It's like he's in slo-mo, probably at 1/5 speed. It's so comical to watch!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a litter tray with a lid that we still haven't used yet, so it's sitting in the living room but Fudge has turned it into a hiding place so that he can frustrate Toffee when he comes into the room - Fudge enjoys sitting in the litter tray and he once fell asleep for quite a long time in it, so I was worried that he wouldn't be getting enough oxygen so enticed him out with treats. But, Toffee has still not yet worked out how to find Fudge when he's in the litter tray and will, but to no avail, try to bash and bite the sides of the litter tray not realising that he could just walk through the lid!

Both cats will suddenly have episodes where they get really frisky and playful out of nowhere, it's quite amusing because it looks like they've had an attack of catnip :D

Both boys seem to have a taste for things that are non-edible. Of course, we don't let them eat them, but they've tried to go for things like tin foil and tea bags, and even have tried to bite at the wall paper and wooden floorboards (we call Toffee a Tasmanian Devil because Tasmanian Devils are allegedly meant to eat concrete and Toffee is the one who seems to have the most taste for non edible items!).

Fudge doesn't seem to realise yet that when he eats with his brother, he has a separate bowl, so tries to dive in for Toffee's. The boys are both very messy eaters and will not hesitate to eat their spilt food off the floor.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
For lack of a better way to describe it, my Willow is an inappropriate hisser. Cats usually hiss when they are fearful or angry, and Willow will do that but she also hisses when she playing, when she is happy to see you, while she is yawning, in the midst purring and kneading her pillow, and sometimes just looking at the ceiling. There is no fierceness, fear or anger in these hisses, she actually seems sort of surprised when one comes out. Just the oddest thing.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lack of a better way to describe it, my Willow is an inappropriate hisser. Cats usually hiss when they are fearful or angry, and Willow will do that but she also hisses when she playing, when she is happy to see you, while she is yawning, in the midst purring and kneading her pillow, and sometimes just looking at the ceiling. There is no fierceness, fear or anger in these hisses, she actually seems sort of surprised when one comes out. Just the oddest thing.
Sam had never hissed until he was about a year and a half and got injured. Those hisses were definitely from pain. He is better now :) but when he is playing and gets super excited he will hiss at his toy. Totally happy, but hissing.