Strange Tastes in Food

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Zorro loves hash browns, scrambled eggs, bacon, Doritos, Salt and Vinegar chips, Ketchup chips, peas, turkey dressing, mashed potatoes, cheese and almost any kind of meat you give him. He always takes a look inside the fridge when you open it and tries to pull something out, lol.
I think he's like that because when I got him, I found him in a ditch and had nothing to feed him besides table scraps for the first little bit. He loves people food.
Diva is very picky and won't eat anything besides her food. (I plan on trying raw chicken bones for their teeth once her kittens get a little older though)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ferris loves tea as well. I have to be careful not to leave my glass unattended, otherwise he might tip it over so he can lap up the mess!

bruce&sheila

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Miyu, I didn't mean to offend you or anyone. And I am certainly not the perfect cat owner - I am a very new cat owner (of 2 months) and have learned loads from this site (and hope to continue to do so), as there are so many more experienced people on here.

So forgive my naivety - I guess I have stuck to the 'rules' of kitten ownership (lots of which was learned from this site) because I don't know any different - but more experienced cat owners evidently know that some cats just seem to crave certain foods!

Bruce and Sheila are at the vet's being neutered/spayed as I type - you can tell I'm inexperienced because I can't help being a bit worried about what I know logically are routine procedures!

miyu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for my spat as well. I didn’t meant to come off so harshly. Good luck with your kitty.

I just felt like you were comparing cats and dogs in a way, because cats don’t beg like a dog. But you made it sound like if you never give it to them they will not beg or that we make them beg. somehow that it was our fault. but they are not like dogs in that way, I find that cats don’t beg but few cats, will go nuts over the smell for no reason even if you never give it to them. its just weird personality thing. Because my cats will be drawn to that one thing when I eat it, I may let them lick a little when I'm finished, or make some for them, but I don’t encourage eating off my plate just anything. i think that is what everyone is saying, what does your cat go nutz over, it usually only a few things and thats it.