Strange Neurological Issue

beanlisa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Im new to this forum. I specifically searched for a place to look for help.

I have a older female that I've noticed twice have almost a cerebral palsy look to her. The first time I noticed it she looked stiff and confused. Like she couldn't move her legs and had a blank look on her face. It only lasted less than a min and then she snapped out of it and kind of stumbled on her way. I had wondered if she had had some kind of small stroke. Then tonight she was laying on my lap and all the sudden kind of sat up and was looking at me like I had just said something completely ridiculous and froze like that ...like she couldnt move....her eyes went blank then collapsed in a small ball. Again it lasted less than a min and then she snapped out if it and stumbled away.

Other than those episodes she acts normal . I'm assuming its happening more than I can see.

Anybody have any suggestions??

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi beanlisa and welcome to the forum !

The very best suggestion for her sake would surely be that you find a competent feline Veterinarian and have her assessed.

No one here is going to suggest a cause - there is a myriad of potential reasons - and, in any case, there's nothing by way of DIY or home remedy solution for this kind of thing. Frankly, tonight's episode is quite concerning.

When things get complicated in feline medicine, general practice Vets, for the most part, just can't 'cut the mustard', which is why I suggested a feline Vet, a cat-only doctor. If you know of/can find one of these convenient for you, have her seen by the Vet there with the most experience (often the owner of the practice).

If you're having no luck, The American Association of Feline Practitioners can help. Here's their search page - under "Practice Type", select "Feline only", and do not check the "Cat Friendly" box in the bottom bar: Find a Veterinarian and Practice | The Cat Community. Use the left search column, "Search by Location".

Meantime, what's her name...and, do you have any pics? She cannot remain anonymous around here:lol:

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think whiteshadow is correct , go to a feline vet as this sounds something that a feline vet would be able to diagnose. Most normal vet arent so specialized with one species of animal they are more generalized

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome! To re-emphasize what white shadow white shadow and Leomc123 Leomc123 have said - don't mess around with getting her in to see a vet. You said she is older and when something starts going wrong, it can likely get worse in a very short period of time. Whether these episodes are related to a stroke or seizures, or who knows what, they need to be treated/controlled, sooner rather than later.

Please keep us posted! And, also ditto on the pics and name for your girl!!